Chapter 1

I was making my way through the woods that seperated my house from my school with Nicole by my side. Nicole, my pet humming bird that was my mother's until she died. We walked through trees that were dead for years but nobody bothered to care. Suddenly, I heard sounds, sounds of music, sounds of incredible music. I followed the tune wanting to find out what was happening. After a while I finally came to a man sitting on a rock. He looked older than the trees around me and was as skinny as a single branch. His long white hair went down to the middle of his back and his beard down to his stomache. He wore a red robe with blue wrecked jeans. This was where the music came from, the man who was playing his piccolo. The piccolo looked as old as the man was but still sounded amazing. Too doo loo!!! loo to loo o doo. do do do do do doo!! do do dooooooooo!!!!!

        Then, the man looked up straight at me and put down his piccolo. " Hello," he said. " may I help you?"

        " Hello. I just couldn't help but listen to your music. I'm Laviana Orthan, but most people call me Lavi."

        " Wait. Orthan?"

        " Yes."

        " Interesting." he said as he felt his beard. " I'm Georgeoron Davilman, and I love reading. Did I mention I love reading? Do you have any favorite books, or any special book? You know, my family passes down books and I have one very special one. So fascinating, probably even magical. Do you have any like that?"

        I thought about that. Yes, I did, the fairytale book, but it was special and my mother told me it was very important and delicate and no one could know about it. She also told me that everyone would go after it because of its magic and some would probably sell it for millions. So I decided to keep it to myself, not that I didn't want to share the fun with everyone else.

        " No. My family doesn't do anything like that."

        " You sure?  You can share anything with me."

        " No. All we pass down in my family is my great great great great great great great great great grandmother's wedding dress."

        " Well, that's just to bad, I love the books we have and I'd love buying other's books."

        " Ummm......I got to go now. Mother told me to go home and do my homework straight away."

        " Goodbye then."

        " Goodbye!"

        It was odd how the man acted. He remindid her of the queen that pretended to give Snow White the poisonous apple for some reason. And she lied about mother telling her to go home and do homework. Mother died long ago and father went missing shortly afterwards. I now lived with my evil aunt and her incredibly annoying daughter. Oh, well.

        I got home before long and sat in the middle of my room with the book infront of me. Nicole still behind me, flying high in the air, waited looking down at the book. Slowly, my finger landed on the finish lineand started going through the maze. Now, I remembered the path so well, that I could do it while texting on one hand with my eyes closed. My finger ended at the starting line and I pulled my finger away. Sitting, with my eyes staring at the spinning book, making me go dizzy. The book spun so quickly, like the opening of a black hole, except, well, the book was red and colorful, unlike a black hole. Suddenly, the book stopped and the cover page slapped open. Table of Contents. Let me see, Cinderella, Little Red Wizard of Oz, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, Wizard of Oz, The Three Little Pigs, Alice in Wonderland, Ariel, oh finally, Rapunzel.......page 344. I flipped through the pages and landed on 344. My hand was placed onto the cover of Rapunzel and I closed my eyes, ( I found that if you close your eyes, you don't feel as nauseous when you go through the transporting. The colors spinning so quickly just makes me wanna trowup. That's the worst part of it, transporting makes you feel sick. Oh, whatever, it's totally worth it.)

        Then, I can feel the world around me spinning, or maybe it's just me spinning, and all of a sudden when I take a quick peep of everything around me, it's all colorful and spinning. Next thing I know, I land with a thump like if I fell out of the sky and my face was smushed on the ground.