Chapter 1 Southern Gentlemen

**Cover Created by ladyarchangel74**

The day that James Potter and Lily Evans graduated Hogwarts was the day that James proposed to Lily. She happily accepted. They made plans to be married. But James and Lily had a terrible fight about how James was too irresponsible and childish to get married and that he would never grow up. Lily ended up breaking up with James and decided that she wanted to explore America.

Lily traveled throughout the United States, visiting all the magical and mundane historical sights. Lily had decided that she would drive across the country instead of using magic so that she could see everything as she made her way out of Florida and into Georgia. Lily drove for a few hours then decided to stop in King's County so that she could rest and get a bite to eat.

Lily got a room at a local motel and then went to the diner down the street to have a bite to eat. While waiting for her meal, Lily could hear two young men talking, “Man, Shane, I tell you what, I've had it with Lori. She thinks that just because we've been datin' since high school, that gives her the right to tell me what to do with my life. Well, it doesn't. If I want to become a cop, I will.” A young man with dark hair and blue eyes was telling his friend.

“Hey, Rick, I told you, you should have broken up with Lori before we graduated. I would have saved you a lot of trouble.” The man, Shane said to his friend.

“Yeah, I know, that's why I told Lori I want to take a break and see if we're still good for each other.” The other man named Rick said then took a drink from his soda.

Rick was scanning the menu to see what he wanted to order when he glanced up and saw the most beautiful girl he had ever seen sitting in the booth in front of him. She had fire red hair and the most stunning green eyes. Rick smiled at the girl, and she smiled back. His best friend Shane gave him an odd look then turned around. His eyes widened at the sight of the redhead.

Shane turned around, “Boy, I tell you what, that is the prettiest girl I have seen in a long time,” Shane said.

“She's the prettiest girl I have ever seen,” Rick told his friend.

Shane smirked at his friend, “Well then, why don't you invite her over?”

“You think I should?” Rick asked.

“Why not?”

Rick shrugged and got up from his booth. He walked over to Lily's booth and smiled at her, “Excuse me, ma'am, but I couldn't help seeing that you're eating here alone.”

“Yes, I am,” Lily said, looking up into his beautiful blue eyes.

Rick was startled at hearing Lily's British accent; it was not what he was expecting, “You're British.”

Lily laughed, “What gave it away?”

Rick blushed and rubbed the stubble on his jaw, “Oh, uh, I didn't mean to offend you, ma'am.”

“I'm not offended, but please call me Lily, ma'am, make me sound old.”

Rick smiled and put his hand out, “I'm Rick, Rick Grimes.”

Lily took his hand and shook it, “It's nice to meet you, Rick, Lily Evans. Won't you sit down?”

Rick glanced at Shane then sat down in the booth opposite of Lily, “So, Lily, what brings you to Georgia?”

“Nothing, really. I'm driving my way across America to see the sights.”

“By yourself? Isn't that a little dangerous?”