Four Years Later

Lorelei

4 years later

I went inside a cafe that seemed so familiar. I glanced at the seat on the table beside the window and saw that someone is already there, waiting while siping his coffee. My eyes widened when I realized something.

Dito rin pala sa cafe nato nagpanggap si Loki na maging boyfriend ko.

Linapitan ko na agad siya, and was about to speak when he suddenly looked up and lightly smiled at me.

"Hello Lorelei." He spoke.

I stood there blinking, not moving. Seeing him smile like that is a shock for me. I guess in the Four years na hindi kami nagkita, somethings changed. For the better I guess.

"Are you just gonna stand there and not move?" He nonchalantly said, while sipping his coffee once more.

I rolled my eyes. I take back what I said about change. He's still the same Loki after all.

"Well, nice to see you too, Loki." Sabi ko while sitting down on the chair across him.

I looked at our surroundings and noticed how calm and serene the ambiance felt. Maybe because it's Monday and most people are busy. Konti lang kaming mga customers dito.

I placed my gaze back at Loki and my ears turned red when I noticed na nakatingin na pala siya sakin. Agad kong inalis ang tingin ko sakanya, baka mabasa niya pa yung iniisip ko, and knowing him, he would tease me about it.

He continued staring for about a minute while I started squirming on my seat. I finally had enough of it so I spoke.

"Stop that! Now, tell me the reason why you wanted me to come here." Sabi ko.

"Don't you wanna order first?" He asked.

"No, I don't have all the time in the world Mendez, now spit it out." I said. And flinched when I realized how mean I sounded.

Loki must have noticed it, and merely just shrugged my comment off. Pero I was starting to get annoyed nang hindi ulit siya nagsalita.

"Look, Loki, I still have to run an important errand so if you dont-"

"I missed this." He cut off, while he smiled sadly at me.

Caught off by the sudden confession bigla akong nautal.

"A-Anong pinagsasasabi m-mo d-diyan?" Tanong ko sa kanya.

Well, I missed him  pero I was shocked nung sinabi ni Loki yun. The Loki that I know never tells anybody his feelings let along something like thi-

"I missed being with you like this. I missed staying in one apartment with you," he paused, then he glanced at me.

"I missed you." He finished.

From a normal person's perspective, he looked emotionless saying that, but I have known Loki long enough to say that there was something in his eyes besides the eminent sadness. Something that I would hope as love? Pero imposible yang mangyari, so I just chuckled at the thought.

"Baka naman nagugutom ka lang?" I tried reasoning out just to calm down my heart throbbing against my chest at the moment.

"The letter." He said, and I stiffened.

Don't tell me he-

"Nabasa ko na." He said while staring at me, face devoid of any emotion.

Panicking , tumayo na ako and was about to leave when he suddenly held my wrist and spun me so that I could face him. Sa hiya ko, I couldn't look at him in the eye so I  looked at his body instead.

I was shocked to find out that he is no longer the lanky Loki from before, but instead, a Loki that is a bit lean and looked fit. Kahit ganyan na ang pangangatawan niya, he still held the aura of the old Loki that I knew. And he became much more handsome.

"Loki-"

"I'm in love with you, Lorelei." He cut me off once again with a heart thudding statement.

"B-But you-"

"Give me a chance whether you like it or like." He gruffly said.

Tired of fighting back, I just smiled at his cuteness. Ever so stubborn as always.

He looked annoyed when he saw me smile so he spoke.

"Stop smiling, it's annoying me." He huffed.

"I-"

"So are you answering or should I force the answer out of you." How did I even fall for this stubborn man?

I just smiled softly while looking at him and spoke.

"Tumatanggap ka ba ng hindi?"

"No."

"Then I have no choice."

"What?"

"Fine, Loki."

"Fine what, Lorelei?" He muttered while tilting his head, ears red, and the back of his hand was covering his mouth.

Once again, I rolled my eyes while smiling.

"I'm in love with you too, Loki."

"Finally."

I just laughed as we went outside the cafe, hands intertwined and hearts connected.