"I- hmm!"

I was about to shout when a hand covers my mouth. I'm pulled towards the bushes where it's darker and no one's around.

How can those people not notice that something fishy is happening?

I was thrown to the ground, causing me to drop Dori and my phone. I glare at the two guys who look like they just won the lottery.

"We finally got her!"

The other one smirks and picks up the phone. He opens the speaker and a string of profanities greets us.

[ "I will fvcking cut your fingers off, you pricks. Don't touch her. If you want me, I'm coming." ]

"Tell us that when you're actually here. While you're not, we're playing with her first." After that, he tosses my phone to the ground and high-fives the other guy.

I stand up straight and grab a broken branch to shield myself from them. It might not be much, but it could still scratch.

"You think you can defend yourself-"

"Yah!"

I hit them repeatedly until my arms got worn out. They recoil and glare at me as I pant at the strenuous activity. I should've taken PE class seriously. Since I have no strength left, one of the guys was able to roughly pull me by my arm. If this leaves a mark, it would be hard to hide.

His grip is getting tighter and tighter. I can't help but whimper in pain. Suddenly, his hold on me is gone and he's on the ground clutching his stomach.

"I said don't touch her," Minho says as he gently pulls me behind him. I cling to his shirt as I look up at him with blurry vision. "Are you hurt?"

I nod at his question. His jaw tightens, sighing as he pats my hair softly. "Just stay here. I'll take care of them."

He cracks his knuckles and pulls the other guy by his collar. "Tell this to whoever sent you: I don't play his fvcking game."

Minho throws his fist at the guy's face and twists his arms. He kicks him to the ground and faces the other one. They exchanged punches and one unfortunately lands on Minho's face.

"Watch out!" I shout as the previous guy stands up. I pick up the broken branch and slams it on his head. His eyes roll back, then Minho finishes him off with a single jab.

"Damn it." Minho winces as his lips bleed a little. He glares sharply at the guy in front of him and proceeds to throw continuous blows. After a while, his opponent got dizzy and finally fall down.

I look at the surroundings with wide eyes. What did I do?! Did I just participate in a fight?

I got out of my monologue when I feel Minho hugging me tightly. I avert my eyes sheepishly as he lets go with a frown.

"Have they been bothering you this whole time?"

"I'm sorry... I was so happy when we made up, it slipped from my mind."

"It's okay, not your fault. Just don't forget next time, hmm? Why are you even out this late in the evening?" he asks with a stern tone.