6. Someone Threw a Gumball At My Head

Start from the beginning

He glared in response. I stopped laughing but still had a ridiculous smile on my face.

 “Shouldn't be surprising…” I trailed off, thinking that someone would have guessed by now. Obviously I was wrong.

“What are you on about?” he sounded angry again and clearly confused, I just stood there smiling at them.

“It would be a little weird if I called Dave dad...” I snapped, “…because I'm an orphan.” I stated bluntly. I swear to god the whole cafeteria went silent… so now my secrets out, and my ‘friends’ aren’t even here to know about it.

“Oh shit, Soraya I'm so sorry, I didn’t-”

“Don't start treating me any different Ass, just because I don't know who my parents are doesn’t mean I'm weak. I’ve lived through your attitude so far, I think I’ll live.” I practically spat at him.

“Ray, I-”

“Just shut up, I have friends that I need to get to since they left me behind.” I told him, turning on my heel and walking away to where I knew my friends would be.

“You’re an orphan?!”  Willow shouted, her phone in her hand and the screen on.

“Wow, word spreads like wildfire here…” I trailed off.

“Babe, why didn’t you tell us?” Jackson asked.

“I knew that people would treat me differently if I did.” I responded as I took some chips from Wilbur and shoved them all into my mouth at the same time.

“Well… you’re gonna make some boy happy one day.” Raven joked.

“Raven! Why are you joking at a time like this?!” Willow shouted as she threw her water bottle at him.

“She practically said that she doesn’t want us to treat her differently. So, I’ll treat her the same, I understand what she’s going through.” He stated.

“Wait, you’re adopted?” I asked, pointing at him weirdly.

“No, my little brother is. He’s only six but he knows he’s adopted and we treat him the same as every other little kid, and he doesn’t want any pity.” Raven answered, clearing up everything. “Also, my parents split up a while back… and I understand that she doesn’t want to be treated differently. You guys didn’t treat me differently, so why should we do the opposite with Soraya?” he just gave a fabulous speech.

“Thankyou Raven, you summed it up beautifully.” I stated.

“But aren’t you sad or something?” Willow asked, obviously not being too good with the whole ‘girl’ and ‘feelings’ thing. I suppose I'm not either…

“Well, I’ve had sixteen years to deal with it so I think I’ll be okay. if anything I'm happy because I have people that like me, I'm out of the orphanage and I go to a school where I actually have friends.” I stated, I was grateful when they all gave me a smile instead of taking me into a group hug. They already knew me better than Kelley and Dave did.

“So… what lesson do you have next?”

***

History. I hate history. I hate history so damn much. I can’t even change out of it because there are no other lessons I would like to do during the same period, not a single one. I only had Raven with me in this class, and we hated it as much as each other. Oh, did I mention that Ass was in here too? Somehow the little shit managed to get almost the same lessons as me.

All of them apart from Advanced Spanish (because he was taking the French), we had different Physical Education classes and he wasn’t in the Specialised Maths class. Just because I’ve lived in an Orphanage my entire life doesn’t mean I'm not smart. Anyone ever seen ‘Meet the Robinsons’?