The waves crashed gently against each other despite of the cold weather and gloomy skies. Surfers were paddling out and laughing as they surfed, disregarding the cold.

Madelline sat inside her car with a hot cup of coffee in her hand, snuggled inside her father's hoodie with a beanie sitting on top of her head. The cold didn't bother her one bit, she actually enjoyed it. Whenever she's inside her home and the temperature is cold, you can always see her covered in a thick blanket wrapped around like a burrito.

"It's freezing out!" Mike exclaimed, stretching his limbs out before looking at his friends. "I'm paddling out."

Eric was hesitating whether or not he would paddle out seeing that the weather was freezing and paddling out wouldn't be the best option; however, his hands seem to have a mind of its own as it continued fixing his surfing wear. 

Madelline couldn't help but chuckle at Eric's dilemma as she sips her coffee. Her eyes shifted towards Bella who was sitting in front of her, munching on her snacks as her eyes remained on their friends. Accidentally, their eyes met and they randomly acted as if they were toasting with Bella holding up her snack and Madelline with her coffee. The two giggled at each other and continued doing their thing.

Angela's eyes darted between the two and chuckled at their antics, shaking at her head, yet a problem still troubles her. The mere thought of it easily wiped away the smile on her face.

"I keep thinking that Eric's going to ask me to prom but," Angela trailed off, looking down at her hands. "He just doesn't."

Madelline and Bella looked at their friend, completely disappointed with what was happening. "How about you go ask him? I mean, there's nothing wrong with making the first move though," she suggested and shrugged nonchalantly.

"Yeah, she's right," Bella agreed. "Even then, if he doesn't accept then you can go to prom with us."

Angela looked at the two girls in front of her and smiled gratefully for having them. "If Edward and Jasper doesn't ask the both of you," she replied, a teasing look written over her face.

"Impossible," Madelline looked at her with ridicule and shake her head in disbelief. Suddenly, they saw Jacob along with two other guys, jogging over to them.

"Mads!" Jacob called out. Madelline smiled at the sight of him and carefully got out of her car to engulf the boy into a hug. When she pulled away, she looked at the two behind him and sent them a small smile and a wave as a greeting.

Jacob looked at Bella and did the same, yet Madelline noticed there was something different with his smile. A smirk tugged at the corner of her lip upon noticing something and shake her head as she got back inside her car, watching how Jacob sat himself down beside Bella.