Chapter 6: You Don't eat Cereal out of the China, D!

The next time you woke, you knew it was already late into the day. Just as you had suspected, a quick glance at the clock told you it was almost 1 pm. You let out a small groan, not wanting to leave the comfort of your bed, and you almost convinced yourself it was a possibility to stay in bed forever until the shattering of something glass downstairs made you leap from your bed, and you were on your feet in seconds.

"D? Michael? Jason?" you call out, hurrying to change from your bathrobe into something warmer, simple pyjamas with thick slippers. You throw yourself down the stairs, not literally of course, and land at the bottom with a thud. "Everything okay?" you received no response as you rushed to the living room; it was empty. The kitchen was the obvious next place to look, but the scene presented to you pulled a sigh from your chest.

Michael and Jason were standing nose to nose, D frantically cleaning up bits of broken glass from a fancy china bowl you never ate out of, one that was simply for show. One that your mother had gotten from her grandmother then ditched on you. It made a bit of your heart die, but you shoved it away.

"What happened here?" your sudden appearance made D jump, and he bolted to stand upright, pulling earbuds from his ears at the sight of you. He held a dustpan in one hand, the shattered pieces of your valuable china sitting destroyed inside, a broom in his other hand.

"Oh, (Y/N)! Good morning, Sweetheart!" his voice was shaky, as if he was nervous, and you didn't respond. You simply flicked your gaze to the broken china, and then to Michael and Jason, staring each other down like wolves from rival packs.

"What happened, D," you repeated, knowing he was the only one who'd give you a verbal answer. Jason and Michael seemed completely absorbed in intimidating one another. D set the dustpan on the counter and dropped the broom, wincing as it clattered against the hardwood floors.

"It's all Mikey's fault-" at those words Michael turned to D, lunging in a threatening manner towards him and successfully scaring the shit out of the smaller killer, for he winced and shrunk away. "Ok, ok! I was just trying to eat some goddamn breakfast when Michael comes running around trying to take my bowl away!" D pointed at the broken china. Michael had obviously known it was cosmetic, but hadn't wanted to verbalize his 'concern'. "He wouldn't stop grabbing it away and he made me drop it!"

"And where does Jason come into all of this?" you crossed your arms, tapping your foot. You didn't want to be annoyed by them, really, but you were finding it difficult to control your temper.

"Myers here tried to throttle me like a chicken! Jason tried to play hero, and apparently some staring contest is the way to do that!" D straightened up and lunged towards Michael in a similar way the Shape had previously, but this time there was no scared reaction.

"That was fine china you were trying to eat out of, D. Decorational china." you breathe out, pinching the bridge of your nose. It wasn't his fault, you tell yourself, he didn't know. "Michael was just trying to spare you a lecture." you bite the inside of your cheek as you speak, letting out yet another sigh.

"I'm sorry, Honey, I really am!" D huffed, grabbing the shattered china and moving to throw it away, but Michael moved quickly to block him, ripping the dustpan from his leather-gloved hands and spinning on his heel, storming away towards the stairs. With a curious glance, D dismisses Michael and turns back to face you. "Sweetheart?" he tilts his head and leans a little closer, timid in his movements, "Are you mad?" you sigh, and after a moment of thought you shake your head.

"No, I'm not. You didn't know." you reach out to pat D's head in a forgiving manner, him warming up to your touch like a kitten. "Just... don't go eating out of china again, and listen to Michael when he gets all nosy like that. He's not too fond of you, so he won't bother you unless he needs to bother you."