Edwards Night Terrors

Jet awoke with a jolt. He had had a nightmare...Or at least he thought he did. He didn't know why he had woken up. 

Jet had been having trouble sleeping for the past few days but he couldn't figure out why. 

He thought of different reasons he could be worried about, but no reasons made any sense. Was his plants dying? Had Faye been spending all his woolongs on useless crap? He thought for a couple minutes laying on his back and staring at the ceiling.

He had been noticing that their hacker, Ed, had been acting strange- well- more strange then usual. She hadn't spent as much time bugging the crew as she usually did. Jet also noticed that she probably hadn't been sleeping, since she had dark circles around her eyes. Ed had also been pretty quiet for the hyper kid she was, so needless to say Jet had grown a tad worried for the child.

He decided to get up and get something to eat. He got up and strethed, then walked out of his room and to the empty halls of the Bebop.

As he walked closer to the living room, he heard a strange noice, or, well, noices. He couldn't figure out what it was since he was so tired. When he finally reached the living room he instantly knew what the weird noices had been as he saw Edwards shaking figure on the couch. 

Jet froze when he realized that the young hacker had been- or still was crying.

"Ed...?" The large man finally said, gaining the attention of the crying girl who was lying in a fetal position. Ed jumped, startled by the broken silence.

She hastily whiped away tears before turning around and facing Jet.

"Hellooo!! Good morning! Why isn't Jet person sleep-sleeping?" She said cheerfully. Jet could see right through the smile that something was terribly wrong with the kid.

"I would ask you the same thing..." He paused, still looking scepticly before continuing. "Are you alright, Ed?"

Edward looked up at him with red wet eyes, nodding her head vigorously. "Yeeeeep! Edward is doing great! Great great great!" She reapeted "great"  mabye ten times before Jet interupted her.

"Then why were you crying?" He said as softly as he could. 

For the first time Jet had known the energy driven child, he had never seen her at loss of words. She was always rambling about anything and everything. 

The red heads smile had faded for a second and replaced with a trembling lip. She quickly shook her head and tried to put her signiture grin back on her face, but failed. Tears came back to her eyes but she tried forcefully whiping them away but to no avail.

She didn't notice when Jet sat down next to her. The room was silent for a minute exept for Edwads sniffling. 

Ed broke the silence after a while saying:

"...Edward had a not so great dream." Jet looked down at her. Did she have a nightmare? He somethimes forgot that the girl next to him ever needed sleep, since she always was filled with energy.

"Do you want to talk about it?" The man said. Ed thought about it for a minute before nodding.

"Edward was running from a monster. But Edward always trips and falls and gets eaten by the monster." She said.

Jet was confused for a second before realising that Ed had probably had this dream several times, explaining her weird behavior throughout the week. 

"Have you not been sleeping becouse of this dream, Ed?"

"Mhm..." Ed replied with a hum. Jet, for the first time he had known the girl, gave her a hug. Ed seemed to freeze up before hugging back. She started sobbing for a couple minutes as they stayed in the embrace. After a while when her sobs had subsided and she only occasionally sniffled, she fell quiet and her breathing slowed.

Jet looked down at the sleeping girl in his arms before setting her gently down on the couch. He sat down in the armchair opposite the couch. He sat there for awhile before drifting of to sleep aswell.

That night they dreamed about pleasent things, Like chasing an ice cream truck instead of being chased by a scary monster. 

Meanwhile, the dog Ein dreamed of chasing and eating a frog. How...Cute

Author note: I got kinda lazy at the end. Did you like it anyway? Thanks for reading <3