The Terrible Escape Route

(Le King Adam Reyes)

Haru's POV

I kicked the king off of me as I could feel his anger. "Your majesty, I'm not yours and will never be. Go find someone else if you would", I said harshly and walks away from him. "Guards!", he yells and the guards surrounded me as they know what I did to the king. I know it's wrong to disrepect the king but I have a bad feeling coming from him.

"Haru Shinikata! You're under arrest for attacking King Adam. Now raise your hands and give up on any resistance to our arrest on you!", the leader of the guard said and pulls out a handcuff. I can see that it's imbued with magic. If they put that on me, I will be the king's slave. "Please understand this, our queen", one said from among them and more joins him. Thats it! I snapped and swings my katana around me. "Closer and you're dead!", I hissed at anyone who tries to get close to me. I swings my katana in a fan-shaped area and the guards in the area gets pushed away. My escape route is cleared and I walks away from them as quick as I can.

"LOCK THE ENTRANCE!!", the king yelled and a guard on the entrance, quickly pulls a lever down. The gate slowly close but I know it won't be a problem. "Shadow Play!". I activates a spell and my whole body turns into a black fog. I went through the gate easily and my body reforms with no injuries. "My queen! Please don't leave me!", Adam said and I wouldn't call him my king as I'm going to leave this city.

As I reach my house, I quickly packs my stuff and some important paper. These paper contains my information and the privates one. No one knows much about me except for the fact that I'm a wolf with a katana. "Ketsugyo...destroy this house!", with that I swung my katana down to the ground and the house gets destroyed into oblivion. "A proof of me dead would make them stop searching for me", I took out monster loot and shapes a body similar to mine. A final touch to it and voila! The fake corpse of mine burns to crisp and I walks out off the city with my simple backpack. I hope the next city have a guild for me. Maybe a new identity would do for me.

Adam's POV

I killed my useless head of the guards and he was very pathetic. Things were supposed to go as I planned but my guards were just useless enough. I killed their leader only because he wasn't quick on giving orders to the other guard. My plan for them is to capture their future queen but he is gone now so someone had to pay the price.

"You. Red-haired guard. You're in charge of leading the guards. Find Haru Shinikata in the city. I only want good news and no failure this time or you will die", I said very pissed and I went into my chambers. My room is filled with pictures of Haru on the wall and some of his belongings that I ordered them to take for me. I laid on my bed and sniffs the towel that Haru recently used.

I gets off from my bed and looks at the direction of my Haru's house. He won't have to live there as he will live with me in the castle. It's been 10 years since our first encounter and I'm 39 year's old at that time. On that day, he was on a mission to escort the royal family and me. It was a safe journey and he was a perfect figure. His body. His eyes. His scent. His fur. Its all going to be mine. Sadly, he went away right after the mission was over.

I saw the way the other kings was looking at him. They can't have him and I will make sure of it. One of them was foolish enough to ask him for a date. That's when I started to kill people. People who gets in my way. It felt good and I have fallen in love with Haru Shinikata. He is to be the Queen of Lucroz. Like it or not, he will have to accept me as his future husband.

I snapped out of my trance as I heard a knock on my door. "What is it this time? Better be worth my time", I said and gave the guard a pissed expression. "Your highness....the queen...h-he...", the guard was trembling in fear and I growls as he gets on my nerve. "Spit it out now!", with that he straighten his posture and it looks like he brace himself for something. "The queen...he's dead...".

My world turns upside down as I heard those words. Haru's dead? No way! This can't be happening.... I mean Haru won't die that easily. I saw him never get any injuries from battles and quest. Its quite impossible for him to die. Just then, I know something was up. He faked his death and left the city. "Fill me in with more detail of your queen", I said sternly and he managed to explain to me situation.

"H-he's dead...died in a fire...his house burnt to ashes.... ", he said, trying to calm down as he could piss in his pants. "He's not dead. Go find him. He's out of the city", I ordered the guard and he went back to the guard chambers. He knew well to not question my order. They thought he died but he's out there and I won't let him leave me.

If he wants to play this game, then count me in because I will not lose according to the situation. He maybe a skilled samurai but he won't go too far. The closest town to this city is the Valley of Rondo. "Just you wait my love. I will win with you within my arms". I smirks as I watch the morning sunrise.

(Awoooo dis dun luk gud for Haru)