Chapter 2

⦁⭒࿇⭒⦁

Steven notices Spinel staring at someone.  He looks in that direction and sees you. "Why don't you ask her to join us?" Steven asks Spinel. The pink Gem was a bit nervous at the thought of asking you to join them. She was never nervous or shy about meeting someone new, but something about you changes everything. "I-I don't dare..." Spinel admits and fidgets with her feet. Steven gives her an incredible look. "What? I've never heard something like that from you! Or could it be because you like her?" Spinel's face is getting a little bit red. "W-what do you mean? I don't even know her!" Steven is giggling and about to say he's going to ask you, when suddenly you dare to go to them yourself. "Hey!" You start talking. Steven smiles, "Hey, my name's Steven, are you new here?"  "I'm only taking a week's holiday. My name is (y/n) nice to meet you. So you're all gems? Except you?" You point at Steven and look at him questioningly. He shakes his head, "Actually, I am. Half gem, half human." He shows you his gem. You can't believe it! You always thought you were the only person who was half human and half gem. You widen your eyes. "Really? Me too!" You show them your gem. Steven jumps up."You are... a half gem too!?" Everybody's surprised too. Pearl: "Interesting. I always thought Steven was the only person with a gem. Maybe there are more people out there like you two." You smile. Then it disappears. The plan!! What happens, anyway, when their gems come out of the body? You have no experience. The only thing you know is that nothing good happens. And it will hurt them. Also you never met gems before. You grew up among humans normally. Before you came here, no one knew about your Gem except your father. You also wanted to get to know the pink gem.  She watches you all the time, and is fascinated that you have a Gem, too.  "What's your name?" You ask her and you look right into her magenta-colored eyes. She didn't really expect you to speak to her and suddenly she gets a little nervous. "Spinel, a pleasure to meet you." "Spinel... that's a beautiful name." You're smiling. Spinel blushes a bit and smiles back "Thank you, your name is beautiful too." Amethyst moaned,"What's going on between you? It's like a love movie." Steven gives her a serious look: "Amethyst!" You notice that everyone overheard the conversation and you also blush a little and avoid eye contact. Steven suggests: "How about we leave them alone and we go play volleyball?" Steven grins at Spinel mischievously. Spinel's overwhelmed by what's going on. Everyone agrees with Steven and goes back to the volleyball net. "Are your friends always like this?" You ask Spinel. "I think... " she replies, looking at the ground. "I didn't realize there were gems here on this earth. I never met one before." Spinel tilts her head. "Really?" You nod, "Yes, I live far away from here. Where I live, there is no gem with physical form." Spinel looks at you and smiles. "I'm glad you came here, there's lots of Gems here, especially for little homeworld." After you ask what little homeworld is, Spinel tells you about it, and the homeworld itself. Then she mentions the diamonds. "There are more diamonds out there?!" You ask her surprised. "Yes, three, yellow, blue and white." You smile. "My mother was friends with pink diamond. Is she there too? I want to meet her. And learn more about my mother-" Spinel interrupts you. "She no longer exists, for the same reason your mother no longer exists. Luckily..." She mumbles the last sentence. But you heard it anyway. You were confused now. "Okay, but it's a sad thing, Spinel. What's good about someone not existing anymore? And who got pink diamonds gem?" She sighs, "Steven is her son. I was friends with pink too. In fact, I was made for her. Then she got a colony and left me alone with the promise that she would come back. Did she come back? NEVER. She made better friends instead. Replaced me. Including your mother, then, yea? Great." She crosses her arms in insult and looks away. You feel for her. You can imagine how it must feel to be replaced. To be left alone. "Sorry, I didn't know. I hate her already for that. Nobody should do that, I totally agree." You put one hand on her shoulder and you smile at her with worry. She just nods. "Anyway, it's only been 6,000 years that I've waited for her." And laughs, but you're sure it's not real. You change the subject and say, "Let's join them and play volleyball." Spinel smiles a bit and you pull her that way. But you're really proud of yourself. She trusts you a bit, and has told you about the past. But she is special to you. The idea that your boss is up to something... you don't want that. You like this Gem. You haven't known her that long. But you're sure you don't want to lose her. She dissolves something in you. Why is she so special? Why won't you stick to the plan? You must be strong.

⦁⭒࿇⭒⦁