Chapter 17: The Finding of Minds

Start from the beginning

"Whatcha got there, Don?" Dill asked, feigning curiosity.

"Coffee," Donnie responded.

"For who?" Dill asked again, though they already know that one of the coffees is for them. Donnie smiled.

"One black coffee for you," Donnie smiled, handing Dill one of the to-go mugs. "One almost black coffee with two seconds of cream and three teaspoons of sugar." Donnie handed a second mug to Raph. "And one light, sugary coffee with just enough room for the lid to fit," he concluded, sipping his.

"Can I have some coffee?" Mikey asked. Everyone looked at him. "What? Can I?"

"No!"

♦️♦️♦️

Delilah held her laptop on her lap and typed furiously. She was in Leo's room and knew Dill was just outside the curtain. But, they wanted her to think she was alone.

"Hey, Dill?" Delilah asked.

"Hi, there!" Dill smiled as they suddenly appeared next to the bed, and yet Delilah didn't flinch. They pouted. "You didn't jump..."

"I've known you were right there for an hour," Delilah grinned, knowing she was winning. Dill pouted. Delilah laughed.

"What do you want?" Dill asked, unable to hold back their laughter. Delilah smiled. She raised her hands toward Dill.

"Some attention. Hug me." She made grabby hands. Dill couldn't help but hug her over the edge of the hammock. Delilah smiled against Dill's chest. They gently kissed her forehead.

"You're such a teddy bear," Dill said.

"I know..." Delilah whispered.

Dill pulled away and smiled at Delilah. They grabbed the chair from Leo's desk and pulled it next to the hammock. They sat and looked Delilah in the eyes. She looked right back.

"You want to tell me something. I can feel it," Dill stated.

"How do you know?" Delilah asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"I know you too well," Dill nodded. Delilah agreed. "What is it?" Delilah sighed. She crossed her legs and put her laptop in front of her.

"How much of my conversation with Raph did you hear?" she asked. Dill shrugged.

"I zoned out since I know about your HIV." She wet her lips.

"I said something else... After I told him. He talked about it, too."

"What?" Dill asked. They leaned closer to Delilah. Delilah's face flushed red. "What was it?"

"It's just..." Delilah put her hands in her lap and looked at them. "I love him."

"I'm assuming you told him?"

"Yes, I did." Dill smiled at their friend. Delilah looked away, smiling. "I'm helpless."

♦️♦️♦️

The two of them heard Mikey from the living room, screaming at the top of his lungs. Dill practically fell out of the chair, causing Delilah to laugh. She put her feet over the side of the hammock to check on her friend.