"Yes, Madam." She nodded. 

"When will the groundbreaking start, Engineer Camero?" I raised a brow. 

"As soon as we get your approval, Miss Ledezma." He looked at me now with no emotion in his eyes. How cold.

"I will inform your company." I nodded. "Meeting adjourned." 

Everyone stood up and started fixing their things. Tumayo na rin ako at kinuha ang gamit ko bago naglakad paalis. I was like walking on a runway. Everyone would stop walking to give way to me. 

"Alice..." I stopped walking when I remembered something. 

"Madam?" she nervously asked.

"Do you like my hair?" I curiously asked her. "Does it look weird?" 

I pointed at my ash grey hair in soft curls, ending just above my waist. I dyed my hair a month ago, and good thing the color wasn't that bright. Bagay naman sa 'kin. May pagka-ombré siya. 

"Hindi po weird, Madam! Bagay po sa inyo." She gave me a big smile. "You look like an international model!" 

"Thanks." I smiled cutely before walking again. 

I spent the whole day reading about the new project in Batangas. It was a large beach resort, so it would take years to finish. The architect in charge was our employee, si Architect Rosario. I actually liked the design. Austin probably approved this one. 

"Elyse..." Austin went inside my office. Speaking of. "Dinner?" 

I nodded and stood up to get my things. We grew closer together only because his dad was the new Chairman of the board, and I had to get along with them. Austin would also inform me about the company while I was away, so he really helped me a lot. 

"I didn't know they would put Engineer Camero in charge," Austin explained while we were eating. 

"It's fine." I laughed. "It's not a big deal anymore." 

At least makikita ko siya, duh! 

'Huwag ka nang babalik. Huwag ka nang magpapakita sa 'kin. Parang awa mo na.' 

The smile on my face faded when I remembered his last words to me. I stared at the glass of water for a moment as I felt a slight pain in my chest. In my head, I was already apologizing to him for showing up again. 

It wasn't my fault! It wasn't my plan, but I must admit that it made me excited. I wanted to impress him. I wanted to show him that I was doing fine. I wasn't the same anymore. I already changed.

But his attitude towards me didn't change at all. I smiled bitterly. I just wanted us to be okay or to act civil towards each other.