•4• Kindergarten

Chapter Three

Kindergarten

Your son was in kindergarten for the second day. He was pretty quick learner when it came to talking and eating, getting himself dressed up...

But when you were supposed to exit the entryway of the kindergarten, without him, it was the hardest to do so. He was practically a little leach. Not even telling him he would have fun with his friends, he made while being on a playground many times, didn't help.

But when you succeeded in exiting, after many and many kisses, you could sense someone following you. But you knew better. You weren't surprised by any means.

You turned right and entered a rather small café, ordered an ice-coffee. You sat down on one table and not long after you did so, a man with hard features, dressed in black suit entered the café too.

He didn't bother to greet the employee and came to your table right away. His heavy boots drumming against the floor.

He sat down, drilling holes through you. "What do you want." You sighed, irritated that your husband's gang reached out to you once again. "You know what we want and need Arie."

Your grip on your drink tightened. "Don't call me by that name, you shithead."

"I'm sure your husband wouldn't like that."

"And don't fucking bring my dead husband into this, what he once was, is not my problem anymore. And he's dead now, because all of y'all." You mumbled, angry with the repetitiveness of those random meetings.

"You can't blame us on such thing. We had nothing to do with that. It was just an accident."

"Accident my ass, others can believe that it was an accident. But I know better. And with that, you didn't make yourself no such free space you aimed for. Just closed all of those opportunities, and by reaching me continuously won't open them. So I advise you, to stop going after me and let me live."

The man 'tsk'ed at your words and rolled his eyes. "As if I wanted something you mean." "And what do you want then? If not what I mean."

"You know better Y/N, and I'm telling you one last time... Stop trying to save him, stop hiding him and let us finish the job!" You didn't even flinch, already used to his behaviour.

"I can assure you, that you won't be able to ever reach him."

You stood up quickly, smiling at the employee, that looked a bit distressed at your little argument with the man, and with no hesitating you edited the café. Pulse quickening at worries that were slowly clouding your mind.

•••

That day couldn't get worse. Your boss at your job was clearly irritated by his love life, and decided to let it all out on you, the same day you had a little unexpected meeting with a man that was your husband's right hand man.

Your coworkers watched you with faces full of sorrow as your boss yelled at you for nth time that day. For no reason really, you let him, but the disinterest in your eyes infuriated him even more.

"This is the last warning Y/N, if you mess things up again, you'll be fired and don't ever think of coming back."

"Just because that woman in your office told you something you weren't expecting, isn't my fault. And you know better to bring your life affairs to work."

Your boss whipped his head towards you, flames in his eyes. "Don't forget who got you into this position Y/N, it's my own decision to keep you here after what happened. The contract burned within his life."

You gritted your teeth. Second time this day, someone as whispered about your husband's death, not in a nice way.

'Be sure I'll make your life hell then.'

You muttered under your breath, continuing to type on your computer.

•••

You were helping Bae to get ready to go home, after many tears and once again kisses, when your phone started ringing. You smiled unconsciously seeing the name on the screen.

You answered and held your phone to your ear by your shoulder as you continued getting your son ready.

"Hello. What can I do for you?"

"Ah, hello Y/N, I wanted to ask if you were free just now."

"Yes actually, I'm getting Bae ready."

"Momma? Who's that?"

"Bae baby, get your shoes for me, yeah?"

You diverted your attention to Jackson on the call. "I could get you a ride? And we can go with Bae somewhere so he will have fun, how does that sound?"

"I'm gonna ask him. - Bae, do you want to go with me and uncle Jackson somewhere to town?"

"Will I get a corndog?"

"Of course baby, now get that jacket on."

"I'll be waiting-"

"Before the park we meet when Bae plays with his friends, we'll come there." You smiled adoringly as your son tried to zip his jacket.

"Right, be there in five, bye Y/N."

"Bye Jackson."

•••

"Hi, uncle Jackson!" Bae smiled cheekily as you buckled him into a car seat. Jackson smiled and turned at him. "Well hello there buddy, you got taller! Such a big guy, did you have fun with your friends in the kindergarten?"

"I did actually! We played knights and princesses! But I would like to momma be there, rather than alone." Bae said, his voice faltered a bit.

You smiled and kissed his cheek and closed the door, getting into the car too. "Well now you can spend alone time with both of us. I think that's beneficial, don't you think?" You smiled at Bae as he smiled back at you, moving your eyes to Jackson, you two stared at each other a bit longer before Jackson diverted his gaze.

You smiled unconsciously, warmth spreading through your chest quickly. You were finally happy, after many and many days full of sorrow and crying.

You still missed your husband, but it was more bearable. Now that Bae had grown up, it was more enjoyable time. And with your friend Jackson? Even better. And you couldn't say otherwise. You loved both of them, the same amount, but different ways. Or so you thought...

A/N:

I've realized just now that, this chapter is showing 2 times. I am sorry if you have this too. But this is not my fault. 4th Chapter, Kindergarten is in my editing only one. I hope that this should be fixed in the next update of Wattpad.

Stay home, stay safe.