Chapter 2 - Rehab

Začať od začiatku

"So, how brutal was the murder?" Charlie asked, taking another sip of his beer.

"..." Chris kept quiet.

"Regret what you did? Heh, you're not the only one pal." Charlie said.

"I can't regret something that I didn't do." Chris said.

"Innocent card, got it."

"I am innocent! I was framed for killing my girlfriend, I didn't do it!" Chris raised his voice before remembering he was talking to a murderer, and apologized. "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell."'

"It's fine, not like I'll remember it anyways."

"So, what about you?" Chris asked.

"Well, I had me a few too much drinks," Charlie said, not speaking correctly due to being drunk, "and on my way home from the bar, I sorta hit a family of 3." Charlie laughed before being slapped by Oswald from across the bar table.

"What did I say about laughing about that!?" Oswald asked.

"What?! I'm drunk, you legally have to forgive me." Charlie said, not making any sense.

"Nobody has to forgive you, now give me that shit." A voice came from behind Charlie.

Charlie turned his head left to see an arm grab his drink from his hands. Chris followed the arm back to a girl who looked like crap, long black hair and watery blue eyes, almost as if she had spent the last 21 years of her life in tears. Once the beer was in her hand, she gulped it all down. "Aww, c'mon Kate! That was the last beer we've got!" Charlie yelled at her as he stood up from his seat.

Kate dropped the bottle to the ground, glass shattering louder than Charlie could yell. "I don't care, I needed it." She glared at Charlie before turning her attention to Chris. "Don't let anyone force you into something you don't want to do kid." She said before pulling her white hood over her raven black hair and walking off.

"Who was she?" Chris asked.

"That's just Kate, she thinks she can take my drinks just to help her with her own problems. It's her fault for letting her boyfriend get her addicted." Charlie said before being slapped by Oswald again.

"Unlike you Charlie, Kate killed out of anger. She at least has the remorse to regret what she's done, you on the other hand are always drunk to show such remorse for the family you ran over." Oswald said. "Come on Chris, let's go meet the others."

Chris stood up from the table and followed Oswald out of the bar room of the mansion, leaving Charlie in a drunken mess at the bar table.

"So, is there anyone that's at least a little more stable than that guy?" Chris asked Oswald.

"Depends on who you ask." Oswald said.

As they walked down a hallway, a loud thud could be heard come from the other side of a closed door. The noise occurred right as Chris walked past it, and it startled him, sending him to the floor in fear. "W-what is that in there!?" Chris asked.

"Oh, that's just The Cannibal."

"'The Cannibal'!? What the hell kind of name is that?!"

"One that belongs to a cannibal. His name is Arthur Woods, he... grew up on the streets, starving before resorting to cannibalism just to keep himself fed. Even after being fed normal food here at the rehab, he's grown addicted to human flesh. Try and stay at least 10 feet away from him at all times, that way one of us can quickly stop him from doing anything." Oswald explained before helping Chris off the floor.