Doesn't Change Anything

Ok so a little bit of Truth or Dare (the previous chapter was changed) but it was just at the very end, so I'm gonna add that in here just so you don't miss anything ;)...

Recap: "My boys and girl are in of course. Anyone else?" A few people from other towers voiced their opinions on the game.

"Dude, you know how this ended last year." Some dude spoke up.

"Man shut up. That was just bad luck." George snapped in response, his eyes flared with anger and I could tell the guy had struck a nerve.

I, however, had no clue what had happened to make it so bad last year, and looking up and meeting Connor's eyes, he didn't either.

In the end, a few people joined us, which I suppose satisfied George. But the dude who spoke up earlier and his friends had backed away from the group and were avoiding looking at us like we were the plague.

We made a circle off to the side of the bonfire, everyone else just still enjoying their peaceful party. "Well then, I organized the game. Rules are: you refuse to answer a truth or dare, you have to take the punishment. Only fair I get to go first." George smirked.

"What's the punishment?" A girl I'd never seen before asked, she was either new to town, or she had just aged up to become a beach guard.

"Skinny dipping in the ocean. And if your dare involves another person and you refuse, they go with you." George replied smirking.

"What if the person you're dared to do something with refuses?" She asked nervously, biting her lip.

"Well then tough-"

"Then we pick a new dare." Connor interrupted, which earned him a glare from George. "We honor consent here." Connor stated firmly, not backing down from George's incessant glare.

"Fine then, if that's all settled..." His eyes turned on Miles, "Truth or dare?" End Recap.

Chapter Twelve: Doesn't Change Anything

"Dare." Miles replied quickly. That was the thing about George.

Part of the reason he sucked so much, was because he was super smart and super observant. And his truths? They were always worse than his dares.

George's smirk widened into a full blown, almost maniacal grin. "Dare, you say?" He chuckled a bit for good measure just to show his elation. "I dare you to kiss Brittany..."

"Oh hell-" Miles interrupted, but was then interrupted himself by George.

"I wasn't done, Milo. I dare you to kiss Brittany... or Hallie." George's grin turned into a smirk. He cocked an eyebrow at Miles, waiting for him to choose.

Miles's eyes shot to me. He raised one of his eyebrows in question, as if to check if I was okay with it.

"Aww, you don't wanna kiss me?" Brittany asked in a patronizing voice.

"Let's get this over with." I sighed. Miles walked up to me, grabbed the side of my face and kissed me, lingering for just a couple seconds before pulling away.

"That was weird." He muttered and scrunched up his face.

"I agree." I pulled back and glanced around the circle quickly. It finally dawned on me who that dare was really for though.

George knew Miles would pick me, and he also knew it wouldn't really bother us.

Looking at the the tight expression on Connor's face though, it was apparent that this was George's way of getting back at Connor for going against him earlier. With George, everything had a price, even for his supposed best friends.