Part 37

Picture of Steel on the side ------->

_________________________________________________________________________

Alex's POV:

"You're staring," I say, annoyed as I huff some hairs out of my face.

"You're not eating," Callie says, pushing my plate of scrambled eggs and toast towards me.

"Not hungry," I say, pushing it back.

"Not caring," Callie says pushing it back.

I'm pretty sure the eggs are frozen solid by now. Callie and I have been going at it for at least fifteen minutes, meanwhile all hell has been let loose throughout the Pack House.

"I'm think I'm done," I say, pushing it back.

"I think not," she says, pushing the plate forward.

"I'd rather not," I say, pushing it forward.

"I'd rather-"

"Enough!" Gavin wails out, throwing his body out over the countertop in a distressed position. The back of his hand pressed to his forehead and everything. "I'm dying over here, can we please just leave to the Summer's Pack Territory?"

"Maybe Steel should sleep some more," Eric advises, looking under my eyes-where undoubtedly I have bags the size of Uncle Sam's grandma.

"No, I'm good." I say, a little too quickly.

I had woken up in my bed with the window open, I remembered what had happened, and I had to force myself to not whimper and cry.

I have to be strong.

I can't let myself get that close to breaking ever again, never again.

People were surprised to see me in the morning, saying that after I had run off, I hadn't returned, and Blake had strolled in through the front door.

I snap out of my daze like state when someone starts snapping their fingers in front of my face.

I wince back, away from the snaps.

"Yoohoo, earth to Steel," Eric says, and I glance away uncomfortably.

"What were you thinking of," Callie asks curiously.

"I have a pretty good idea of who she was thinking about," Eric says smugly.

I cough to clear my suddenly stuffy throat. What is he talking about?

"Are you blushing?" Gavin asks, suddenly propping himself up in surprise.

"I have to go split some ends!" I say, running to the door, my jacket clutched tightly in my hands.

I can barely hear Eric say, "Split some ends?" confusedly, and I can almost picture him scratching his head.

I make it out onto the porch before the fear sets in, and has me running back into the house frantically.

I must have looked like an idiot charging out of the house, and then abruptly running like my life depended on it back into the house I was leaving after barely letting my toe touch the porch floor boards.

I run up the stairs, and bump into several people on the way up.

"Hey Steel, when are we leaving for The Hunt and Mating Ceremony this morning?"

"What should I pack?"

"Is this too revealing?" Stacy asks, putting her arms behind her head and cocking out a hip in a pose, while pouting her lips.