Chapter 10

*Alex's Pov*

"Shhh, will you guys shut up already? We're going to be caught," I whisper harshly while shaking a spray can in my hand.

"Sheesh, we're just having a bit of fun," Gavin grumbles bitterly before returning to his project at hand.

"Hey, Steel. Do you think that's enough?" Lucas asks me pointing to the pack house that is practically mummified in toilet paper.

I grin widely. "Perfect," I say laughing slightly.

I start spraying the spray paint onto the brick wall of the training stadium. I use different colors, until I take a step back, and you can see a mixture of green, blue, white, and brown.

I created a picture of a scene with a lake with mountains, and tall pine trees. It used to be the view of my log cabin I used to live in before I joined Alpha Tyler's pack. I smile sadly remembering the old abandoned cabin.

"Beautiful," I hear a deep voice speak up from behind me. I feel my whole body stiffen from shock. Well, this is unexpected.

"Caspian," I greet without turning around. I wipe my hands on my jean pants.

"Hey, Steel! can we clog all the toilets?" Lucas calls to me from across the yard.

"You're taking responsibility if you do." I say honestly. Ain't no way I'm taking the blame for all of the people who are going to have to unclog the toilets.

"No problem," Lucas yells. He doesn't have to worry about it much since he's the soon to be Beta of our pack.

I laugh, and decide to talk to Alpha Caspian.

"So what are you doing here?" I ask without turning around. I just put the finishing touches on my picture.

"Just enjoying the view," he breathes, and I turn around expecting him to be looking at my

picture, but my eyes widen when I notice he is looking directly at me. For once, I am at a loss for words.

I just stay silent while we have a silent stare off. I can stare into those grey eyes forever without getting bored. I should try to get that color with paint.

"Steel?" Caspian asks taking a step closer to me. I take a step back until my back is pressed firmly on the brick wall. If I had moved to the right, my jacket would be covered in wet paint. He puts his hands on either side of my face, keeping me from escaping. I gulp silently.

"Yeah?" I ask, trying to remain calm.

"Don't move," he whispers leaning down. My heart is galloping in my chest with panic.

This has never happened before. What do I do? Is he going to freaking kiss me? Do I want him to? Should I tell him to stop? It's just a kiss right?

I mean, my mate wouldn't mind one kiss right?

Right?

"Steel!" I hear a frantic voice shout, and my closed eyes snap open. The hair on the back of my neck stands on end, and I tackle Alpha Caspian to the ground.

A pained scream leaves me as a Rogue's jaws clamp down on my shoulder.

I force myself to phase, and I shake a Rogue's jaw's off of my shoulder. I growl violently, and the trees and ground vibrate.

The Rogue's eyes widen in fear, and he turns on his heel, and bolts to the trees.

I turn around just as Gavin and Lucas pounce on the Rogue.

"Steel, are you okay?" Alpha Caspian asks jogging towards me.

"Yup," I say popping my 'p'.

"Here, let me see," Alpha Caspian says taking my arm gently in his. He lowers my shredded jacket until my bleeding shoulder is revealed. I flinch as the cool breeze dries up my blood.

"It's not that bad," I say poking it. I see Alpha Caspian's eyes soften, and he covers my wound back up again. It was almost healed anyways.

I shrug off the pain, and pull my blood soaked hair into a ponytail. My neck is getting sweaty when I think about what Alpha Caspian and I were almost going to do. What would have happened if we had kissed?

"People just have something against my leather jackets," I mutter bitterly while picking at the shredded material. Alpha Caspian chuckles while shaking his head.

"What happened here?!" I hear an Alpha voice yell. I become rigid, and my eyes widen in shock. ALpha Caspian wraps his arms around me possessively.

Busted.

"Run for your lives!" I yell, tearing myself from Alpha Caspian's strong arms. I run around like a maniac laughing while we are chased around. I run at a playful pace, since I don't feel in the mood to put up a fight. I feel strong arms wrap around my waist, and throw me over their broad shoulders.

"Nice try little wolf," Alpha Tyler chuckles while carrying me around, still running.

"Unhand me, you fiend!" I shout pounding my fists into Alpha Tyler's back, and kicking my legs wildly. I make sure I'm not hurting him though.

Alpha Tyler chuckles while throwing Gavin over his other shoulder.

Gavin shrieks like a little girl, and his expression is priceless. I start busting up laughing

until tears start streaming down my face, and Gavin just pouts at me.

"It's not funny," He whines childishly, and I laugh harder.

"Alright, alright," Alpha Tyler says slowing to a fast walk. He dumps Gavin on the ground, and Gavin winces as he lands on his butt. Alpha Tyler lowers me gently to the ground, and sets me on my feet.

"Hey!" Gavin protests, and I stick my tongue out at him.

"It was all their idea!" I hear a chorus of voices call out from behind me, and turn to see my homies pointing at Gavin and me.

It is suddenly silent, and you can hear the crickets. Gavin and I look at each other with wide eyes, and then turn to look at Alpha David.

"It was all his idea!" I says while Gavin says;

"It was all her idea," at the says time.

We are both pointing our fingers at each other accusingly, and Alpha David lifts an eyebrow in amusement.

"Does anyone mind explaining what a couple of teenagers are doing out at 2 in the morning?" Alpha David asks looking at all of us pointedly.

Most kids starts whistling innocently, and kicking the grass with their hands in their pocket, while I examine my fingernails with sudden interest.

Alpha David sighs, and drags a hand down his suddenly tired expression. "Clean it up," he

says dismissively.

Phew, that was close.