Shooting Star [Overwatch AU]

Based on this animated short from Overwatch!
Instead of it being D.Va and Daehyun, it's you and Cardlin!

b.mbleb is your mecha name/hero name.

cardlin x y/n
**lowercase intended!!**

summary(?):
"and good friends, the kind who is always there for you when you need them most."
but he just wanted to be more than friends with this national celebrity.

the intro to the famous show 'shooting star' blasted throughout your base, making you slightly wince at the sudden noise.

"welcome to another episode of 'shooting star'! today, we set our sights on busan, home of the esports champion turned ace pilot.. b.mbleb!' the host yelled enthusiastically as you twisted the metal gears into place, hearing one of your iconic phrases ring through the room:

"losing stings, doesn't it? but winning doesn't!"

cardlin sat with a pot of noodles in his lap, feet propped up on his desk as he watched the episode on the hologram, staring at it with curiosity; you had ended up drowning out the sound to concentrate on your mecha.

"at just 19, she's become a national hero, only last week, she risked her life again, defending the city from the gwishin omnics."

you tested the arm of your mecha, it ran perfectly so you gently let go of the control stick.

"she and the meka squad took a few hits, but they pulled off another victory! now, b.mbleb is celebrating with some hard-earned glitz and glamour!" this made cardlin laugh, the noise of the holovideo becoming irrelevant to the both of you.

"hey y/n, shouldn't you be out signing autographs or something?" he joked, you stayed quiet, taking a few doritos from the bag and munching on them as well as taking a sip of your soda before jumping off your mecha.

"...at the hottest spots in the city, eating the finest foods and hanging out with other superstars, but life wasn't always like this for b.mbleb.." the holovid seemed to just get annoying now.

"i wonder what glitz and glamour tastes like.." cardlin mumbled to himself, gently turning the video off with his foot, swivelling around in his chair.

"hey, why aren't we on leave with the rest of the squad? i could use a little glitz and glamour in my life, y'know?" he did a little 'jazz hands' at the last few words, making you giggle slightly as you looked at him from underneath your hat.

"it's overrated, cardlin! this!" you pointed to the space around you. "this is where the magic happens! it's like how we used to stay up late and work on your hoverbike." you grabbed the massive wire hanging out of your mecha and plugged it into the charging socket (to obviously charge.)

"you mean the one you wrecked?" cardlin taunted, tossing the orange soda you did as a promo hand to hand.

"really? you're still mad about that? we won the race!" you whined, before cardlin interrupted you.

"yeah! and you almost killed yourself!" he responded before he cracked the beverage open, it suddenly spoke:

"orange cola! enjoy!" he gave the can a weird look before sighing.