"You don't talk about them, in your diary," Edward said.

"They both died, around our five-year anniversary. Car accident," Bella frowned. "William, Riley's dad, fell asleep at the wheel and crossed four lanes of traffic before wrapping his car around a telephone pole." Bella sighed. "Riley was a mess after that, fell into a deep depression. He bounced back, returning to the sweet, affectionate man I married and Seth was conceived. After Seth's birth, Riley just shut off. We lived together, but we weren't together. It wasn't a marriage. Then, I had my stroke and his true colors came out."

"You mentioned in here that you thought he was having an affair?"

"Oh, he was. It started about a year after Seth's birth. It's the same woman I saw him with, the redhead. He admitted it after he handed me the divorce papers, while we were meeting for mediation. He moved in with her and is playing daddy to her kid, James," Bella snorted. "Didn't you mention that you dated a redhead?"

"I did, but I ran into her when I was at the conference in San Diego ..."

"Longest three days of my life," Bella grumped.

"Agreed," Edward laughed. "Anyway, Victoria ... well, things didn't work out between us because ... I don't have the right parts. I needed to have breasts and a vagina."

"She's a lesbian," Bella surmised.

"Yeah. She's married now. Her wife, Maggie, had me over for dinner where I met their children. Siobhan was carried by Maggie and Victor was carried by Victoria," Edward said. "Anyway ... I'm sorry that Riley was so stand-offish toward the end."

"When we had that court date, suspending his visitation rights, we talked. It was really weird. We were at each other's throats in the courtroom, but when the judge sided with me, he just deflated. Packing up my stuff, I rolled out and found my ex-husband sitting outside of the courtroom. He told me that he regretted what he did to me and to our family," Bella said.

"Let me guess, his girlfriend dumped him?" Edward asked.

"No, they were still together, but he hated that he put the needs of her and her asshole son before our family," Bella murmured. "He just realized what he'd done, alienating our children for his own selfish purposes. He was upset that he lost his relationship with both boys and he hates himself because of it."

"He should. Jake and Seth are amazing boys," Edward growled. "He tossed them aside without a single thought to their well-being. He will pay for that for the rest of his life."

"He will, but he said that he would like, when the boys ask, to see them again. I told him not to hold his breath," Bella deadpanned. "But, if they ask to see him, I won't stop them."

"You're a better person than me," Edward snorted. "He's made his bed ..." Bella caressed his cheek and gently turned his face to her. He stared at her, lost in her elegant beauty. Leaning forward, he brushed his lips over hers. "I love you, Bella."

"I love you, too, Edward," she sighed, snuggling closer. "And trust me when I say that it took a lot of power not to rub Riley's mistake in his face. If he'd pulled this bullshit sooner, when I was still bitter, I would have been arrested for assault and backing over my ex-husband with my wheelchair. Right over his dick."

"Ouch," Edward laughed, crossing his legs. "Please don't threaten manly bits."

"I won't threaten your manly bits. I'd like, very much, to be intimately acquainted to your manly bits," Bella purred.

"That's the nice thing about this trip. A private hotel room," Edward smirked, draping Bella's leg over his. "I still don't want to ..."

"I'm not made of glass," Bella said, wrinkling her nose.