Chapter 42 ~ Criminals

Start from the beginning

He looks at me and I look at him with a 'really' face. "Was that necessary?" I ask him, pointing to the guy he slammed into the wall.

The door behind me is kicked open and another policeman starts shooting. One of the bullets hit the arm that's pointing to the guy Bucky slammed into the wall and since my back is turned to that door, I didn't see it coming. I pull it back and wince in pain. I examine my arm to see the bullet lodged in my forearm on my right arm. Bucky walks by me and I watch as Dad disarms the guy and Bucky kicks the daylights out of him.

"Buck, stop!" Dad yells as he grabs Bucky. Bucky however twists out of his grip and faces him. "You're gonna kill someone."

Bucky slams Dad to the ground and pulls his metal fist up. I step forward, ready to intervene, but he punches a hole in the floor next to Dad's head. "I'm not gonna kill anyone," Bucky says and grabs a backpack from under the floorboards and throws it out the backdoor.

Another policeman comes in through the window and starts opening fire. Bucky blocks the bullets with his metal arm and moves forward to pull me behind him, but I step towards the policeman as he keeps shooting. I catch all of the bullets he shoots at us. He runs out of ammo and looks at me in fear. I open up both hands and drop all the bullets. I then punch him in the face, knocking him unconscious. I look back at the men and Bucky looks at me with a surprised face, but that ends as soon as another guy starts shooting at them through the window. Dad blocks the bullets with his shield and Bucky throws Dad at the window, knocking him into the guy. The cop from earlier, that Bucky slammed into the wall, gets back up and Bucky throws a cement brick at him.

The cops on the outside of the door start shooting at it. Bucky and I automatically walk to the door. He moves the table and then punches his fist through the wall beside the door then pushes the door open. Cops start opening fire and Bucky and I take them out. A cop then descends through a sky-light on a zip wire. Bucky grabs his gun and slams him into the wall. I look down and see more cops coming up the flights of stairs. I use my speed and run down the flight of stairs, taking them out as I go. More policemen come in as soon as I finish. More fun for me I guess. I look up to see Dad catching one from falling down to my level.

"Come on, man." I read Dad's lips as he looks at Bucky who just elbows a cop behind him.

I chuckle a bit and go back to work. I take out the rest of the cops in my way just as I see Bucky grab onto the railing on my level. He climbs up and kicks a door down.

"Buck, what are you doing?" I ask him. He just runs along the corridor and leaps off the balcony.

I run to the edge of the balcony to see him land on a neighboring building. Guess I gotta follow him then. I back up and do the same as Bucky, but use my speed to my advantage. As soon as I land I run in front of Bucky, stopping him in his tracks. He now has his duffel bag in his hand.

"Not so fast, Buck," I say to him. "I'm here to help you."

He gives me a confused look. "Why?" He asks softly. "You know what I did to your parents, your best friend."

"And I saw what HYDRA did to you. It's not your fault and... I forgive you." It kinda did hurt to get that last part out, but it's true. It wasn't his fault. He was brainwashed and had no control over his actions.

Bucky gives me a small smile, one that I return. Maybe this could work out between the two of us. The start of a friendship. Maybe.

Our little moment is interrupted when I get kicked forward and Bucky catches me, keeping me on my feet. I quickly turn around to face the attacker. It was a muscular person clad entirely in black with a full face mask with pointed ears. They look like a cat or a panther.