Eden and the Rock War

Start from the beginning

She can't help but feel like this is only going to ruin her friendship with Stanley, rather than bring them closer.

Mike crawls over in the water. Eden slowly reaches forward, careful not to get her clothes wet when she helps the boy up.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asks softly as she holds his hand, bringing him to the back so he'd be safe from any flying rocks about to be thrown.

"Yeah." He exhales. Stanley watches the two as Eden continues to speak to him. "I'm Eden." She smiles.

"Yeah. I know. Eden Moore. You're the daughter of Heather Moore. I'm pretty sure everyone in Derry knows who you are." He nods. "Yeah, well I guess my mother has got quite the reputation, then. Look, I'll be back, alright? I'm gonna go see what's going on over there." She motions towards the others.

"O-Okay. Thanks, Eden."

"No worries."

She resumes her spot beside Eddie, glancing over at him before looking to Henry. They all pick up rocks as victor and belch help Henry to his feet.

"You losers are trying too hard. She'll do you. You just gotta ask nicely, like I did." He smirks towards Beverly. Eden rolls her eyes.

Ben yells, then grunts as he throws a rock, grazing over Henry's head.

"What the fuck?" He says as he slightly falls back. The next rock is thrown by Beverly, turning it into a "Rock War!" as Richie put it loudly.

As soon as those words leave his mouth, he is hit on the forehead with a rock. He falls back into Eden, causing her to come down as well.

"Hey, you okay?" Eden asks as she stands back up. "I'm fine, you?"

"All good." She picks up a rock, aiming for Victor. It just barely misses him, but she continues to throw.

After a few more seconds, Belch and Victor run off, leaving Henry alone on the rocks. They slowly begin to make their way back.

Stanley makes sure to help Eden up the small step up, yet she doesn't acknowledge it. "Come on, Mike." She holds out her hand, pulling him along with her.

"Go blow your dad, you mullet-wearing asshole!" Richie screams, before following after the group.

"Thanks, guys, but you shouldn't have done that. They'll be after you guys, too, now." Mike speaks up as they walk underneath the railroad.

Eden walks beside Mike, glancing over at him when she hears his voice. "Oh, no, no, no. Bowers? He's always after us." Eddie comments.

"I guess that's one th-th-thing we all have in common." Bill adds. "Yeah, Homeschool. Welcome to the Losers' club." Richie exclaims.

"Okay, So, this place has the best donuts." Eden says with a smile as she leads Mike to Derry's Donuts. "Why are you doing this?" He asks.

"Doing what?" She curiously looks over at him. "Hanging out with me. You know you don't have to, right?"

"Dude, we just saved you from Bowers. 'Least you could do is let me treat you to Derry's finest donuts." She chuckles, pushing through the shop door.

Mike beams, following her inside. "Hey, Stell!" Eden calls, grabbing the boy's attention. "Hey, Dennie." He makes his way over to the two with a bright smile.

"This is Mike." Eden introduces. "Howdy, I'm Stellen." The boy smiles, shaking Mike's hand. "So, I am in desperate need of a donut, you feel me?" She chuckles, leaning against the counter.

"I'm pretty sure that's always the case, Dennie." Stellen laughs. "So, Im guessing a Boston Cream for you, and what can I get you, Mike?" Stellen asks.

"I'll just get whatever she's having." He responds. "Great choice, dude. The Boston Creams are amazing." She gives him a high five, taking the donut Stellen was handing her.

"Mike, you okay? You look a little beat." Stellen points out. "Stell, you can't just say that about people." Eden slaps his arm. "No, it's okay. It's Bowers. I got lucky since Eden came with everyone else." Mike smiles to the blonde.

"Everyone else?" Stellen questions. "Bev, Bill, Rich, Eds, Ben, and Stanley." Eden explains. "Right." Stellen nods.

"Uh, Mike, do you mind if I talk to Stellen outside for a quick second?" Eden says, lightly taking Stellen's hand. "Yeah, sure." Mike nods, dismissing them.

Eden quickly pulls him outside. "Okay, I've got an issue." She sighs. "You've got lots of those, Dennie. You gotta be more specific."

She rolls her eyes. "You know how I said I don't know what to feel about Stan?" She asks. Stellen sends her a nod. "Well, I know now. And I don't want to hide my feelings for him anymore." She explains.

"So, you like Stan?" He asks, slightly upset. "I think so. But, I don't know how to tell him." She sighs. "Here, just— just practice, okay? Pretend I'm Stanley."

"Okay.. uhh.." She trails off. "Just trust me, Dennie, pretend it's not me. Stellen is gone, alright?"

"Okay, okay.." She takes in a deep breath. "I've been feeling confused for a long time, and I think I've finally decided. I really like you, and I'm sick of hiding it anymore. So, I'm done hiding, I just.. I'm lost now. What else am I supposed to say?" She sighs, looking Stellen in the eye.

Stellen snaps out of his current transe, blinking rapidly. "You don't need to say anything else. Stanley's a lucky guy, Eden." He sends her a sad smile.

authors
On Eden's journey of
ignoring Stan, she has
become closer with
Richie, Eddie, and Mike
(She was already close with
Bev) also don't worry, some
Steden content is coming
your way very soon