Thanking her, I placed the phone back on my ears and walked in that direction. "But... what of the Alpha of Spring Pack and Zayin of Spring Tribe? They share a land, no?"

"No, hitman," he answered patiently. "Alpha Lorenzo and Zayin Carolina do not share the territory. They rule their respective territories on common ground. As much as the two are mates, they are leaders over their own land and giving it up won't settle well."

As told by that vampire, there was indeed a huge house from where the smell of food wafted. Inhaling deeply, I increased my pace and entered the house.

"I thought that them being mates would make them share the land," I commented.

"While mate bond may rule over the emotions," he said. "There is self, which must be acknowledged. You can have a lover, parents, siblings, friends, children all sorts of bonds, but there is one bond you must never forget and that is the bond you have with yourself. Leaders must know and acknowledge this bond and take decisions that will not affect the people under them. Had they united the pack and the tribe, there would be a lot of internal crisis. Who would be the second in command? Who will win the majority?"

A few wolves and vampires who were down, playing a game of cards looked up and then focused back on their game. Ignoring them, I made my way up all the while Taurus talking.

When I reached the first floor, my mother was sitting next to a female werewolf. Antlia was pouting at a male I had never met. With a plate of noodle before them, Riley and Nox were talking in hushed voices.

When I came, Antlia squealed and ran to me. I took a few steps back, but she came anyway and plucked the phone from my hand.

"Taurus?" she shouted. "I know it's you. Get your ass here."

I blinked at her choice of words. Honestly, had she not been a Royal, I would be worried for her life. But knowing her, the Twelve Warriors would probably lay their lives down for her.

"Antlia," he said. "You are-"

"Not another word!" she said with authority. "Come here. You cannot leave me."

"I did not," he protested. Why was it that he was acting like a kid now and I found that cute? "Aries is coming to meet you."

"I don't want to meet that lump head," she said grumpily. "There was a massive war at West Pack! He did not have the basic courtesy to call me."

There was a snort on the other side. "The second you see him, you will forgive him and hug him. Please be realistic."

Antlia pouted and gave the phone to me. "Tell him to come. Else, I will leave."

I sighed. Why should I be the peacemaker between the two?

I placed the phone on my ear. "Are you coming?"

"Do you want me to?" Taurus asked.

"You heard Antlia, right?" I asked. "She wants you here."

There was a sigh. "I will be there tonight."

Apparently, Ant heard this and she screamed in excitement. "Yes!"

"Just to stop your whining!" Taurus shouted from the other side.

But the princess had selective deafness and did not hear that one. How convenient.

I chuckled. As much as he claimed he was going to come here just to stop her whining, I knew he was coming here to see her because he loved her. This was the male who in spite of knowing that he was denying her happiness, knowing that he might appear as the villain, left her in my care. He just wanted her safe and alive.