eighteen: uh oh

Start bij het begin

"I do?" Lily stepped forwards in curiosity as she looked around carefully.

"Of course, you see these flowers?" I stood up and held out my hand in which she took excitedly. Dianne stood up as well and bowed looking at me longer as we both nodded out head. I took Lily near where the most colourful flowers were looking down as she touched each of them delicately.

"These are my favourites, they're called Lily" I pointed at the Royal Lily watching as her facials brightened realising.

"Like me?" She looked up at me and I nodded watching as she used her finger to touch its white petal.

"I think they're pretty" She whimpered almost to herself looking around the garden.

"Exactly and you get to see them everyday" My gaze lowered to hers seeing as she smelt the flowers only to sneeze. I chuckled lightly putting my hands on her back as we continued to walk around the garden. The more I watched her, the more I saw myself in her. The only difference was that she was younger and happier, still unaware of the unfortunate things that the world gives someone. Parents taken from us just like when a flower is plucked away from the others.

I could see Athena slowly examining Lily, tilting her head from side to side. Yet Lily's wolf wasn't out yet considering her age.

What is it?  I asked Athena  questioningly.

'I don't know, I just have a strange feeling...about that little girl'  Her voice sounded curious yet unsure 

Lily huh?  I uttered seeing Athena smile slightly.

'Indeed a beautiful name'

I smiled nodding at Athena who continued to examine the little girl beside us. She stumbled slightly but I caught her little figure as she chuckled and held my hand. Maidens around us were staring and whispering and we counted to ignore them as I named each flower to her.

"Roses" She said admiringly reaching her hand only for me to hold them again, "Beautiful but dangerous" I showed her the thorns at its stem. She nodded again and tightened her grip on mine. Athena's eyes widened and so did mine feeling a sense of-

'I feel it too' Athena uttered sounding more confused.

Weird I replied shaking my head.

"Have you met the other kids yet?" I questioned receiving no reply back, she had her head down.

"Scary" She replied loosening her grip on mine. I went down to her level trying to catch her eyes and when they saw mine, I replied "Why don't we go meet them together?" She hesitantly nodded before sighing deeply. I turned towards the flower only to pluck a white one and seeing them behind her ear. Her features brightened once more as she felt the flower and turned towards me, I chuckled slightly and stood up.

We made our way inside the castle but as I continued to walk I felt a sudden pain right in my stomach, I almost let out a groan as I let go of Lily's hand. I felt another one from the side of my arm, this time I groaned lowly trying to not scare Lily yet when I saw her she already had a frightened expression. Another one came from the side of my head causing me to grab hold of them. I could sense Maximus near me and when I looked up, I was met with a worried expression from him as he was surrounded by royal guards.

"Your Majesty!" I looked up at Maximus helplessly feeling more pain in my body, I tired to silence myself only to let out another groan followed by Athena's growl.

'Mate'

She uttered feeling her also in pain. I widened my eyes in realisation as I clung on Maximus who helped me to my feet. Just as I felt another pain on my legs, I also felt a small hand touch me and it was like the pain somehow lifted but I could still feel them. I looked down at Lily who looked at me worried as she had her hands on me unaware of what she was doing. Slowly, I started to feel the pain disappear though I knew it was still happening.