"We only have three months to prepare for this unwanted war, prepare soldiers, horses and weapons." I stood up from my sit watching everyone do that same, they bowed in unison and I waved my hand making my way outside the room. As I exited through the door, I exhaled loudly feeling the burden on my shoulder heavier than before, I straightened my back and shook my head. Fixing the heavy crown on my head, I turned towards Maximus who had a worried face as he looked down at me.

"I'm fine" I replied holding my hand up when he tried to approach my way yet I breathed in and exhaled loudly feeling my heart pound and sweat drip from the side of my face. I walked to the garden hoping the smell of fresh air would help.

As I caught a glance of the garden, I felt much lighter. Once I was outside, I walked in the middle seeing maidens bow in my presence. I wanted to feel like this forever, like I do when I'm with her. My light blue laced dress scraped on the grass as it fell down my figure. Resting my hands on my back I took in a deep breathe in and sighed. Opening my eyes to see another lily that stood for years in this garden.

I got lost in my thoughts about everything, about the girl from my past who left with my heart broken into little pieces then this girl who is trying to piece them together yet I keep breaking them into smaller pieces.

Am I only making it hard?

I thought looking to the sky in hopes that I would see her but like always, I don't. I walked further into the garden but I felt something bump my figure. I looked down and scrunched my eyes slightly feeling pain which quickly disappeared after. My gaze lowered allowing me to see a much small figure looking up, her eyes widened as she saw me and quickly yelping and touching her forehead feigning hurt. I raised my eyebrow looking at her amusingly.

"You bumped into me" I let out a light chuckle as I crouched to her level. The little girl from the throne room earlier looked at the ground as she tried to hide her embarrassment. She had her hair tied up wearing her little white dress on.

"I'm so sorry Your Majesty!" A maiden pulled the little girl to her side as she went down on her knees and bowed.

"No need for that" I replied helping the maiden to her feet as she slightly hid the little girl behind her.

"I won't hurt anyone" I assured watching as the maiden sighed in relief. I understood that everyone still viewed me the same yet somehow I wanted to show that I can be better. I rested my hand on the maiden's shoulder before crouching down again. The little girl went in from as she filled with the maiden's dress.

"Hi there" I whispered watching as her light green eyes stared at mine, "Do you know me?" I questioned tilting my head as I smiled slightly.

"Queen" She answered though her voice was barely audible. The blue eyed maiden next to her who I remembered was Dianne crouched down as well.

"This is Lily" My eyes slightly widened though I tried to conceal my reaction, "Her parents.." She trailed off before looking down and shaking her head. I nodded towards Dianne and gazed back at Lily.

"Lily" She looked at me as I uttered her name, "What a wonderful name" I smiled at her watching as she smiled slightly, I gently brushed a hair on the side of her face and tucked them behind her small ears.

"Maximus said that she can live in the castle along with the other pups" Dianne said as she looked at Lily with a sorrowful look.

"Did you hear that Lily?" I asked her watching as she tilted her head, I chuckled lightly again before continuing, "You get to live in the castle" i smiled watching as hers widen. Dianne looked at me gratefully for lightening the little girl's situation.