I know every relationship has some rough phrases, but ours was the most jagged. She didn't find time for me when we were in the relationship, and now she finds time.

Irony!

Funnily, she long told me that she broke up with Varun, well both the bastards deserve it.

Wait; when did I become so ill-wishing?
Or is this even ill-wishing? I am just saying... Or not, perhaps?

Anyways, Chuck it.

"Sahil!" Kumar called cheerily, and I turned to him, "You didn't answer my question. Will Ayesha come?" He repeated his question, and I threw him a dark look.

He chuckled, "You actors are so possessive. What I meant was, if Ayesha comes she will have a good time too, and you will obviously do. So..."

I thought about it for a while. And then another idea flashed in my mind.

"How are we going to Kutchh?" I asked casually.

"Flight of course! " Kumar stated the obvious, "From here to Ahmedabad and from there, a cab to Kutch, "

"How long is the drive?"

"Ah! It's a long way; around 8-9 hours." Kumar gauged.

"Any trains?" I casually inquired.

"Ah, no! Kutchh doesn't have any trains from Ahmedabad. " Kumar replied, sprouting his knowledge, "But there are trains from Bhuj, the nearest station with maximum connectivity and I have heard that the trains to Ahmedabad; especially a train that takes only 7 hours to Ahmedabad, " Kumar completed and then suddenly narrowed his eyes, "But why are you asking?"

"Nothing, " I say, quickly looking at my mobile, to avoid further questions. However, I couldn't erase that smile off my face. I had, after all, woven a master plan!

Ayesha Mehra, get ready to cross your third fantasy out of the list!

******

I was coming back home, from the exhausting shoot in Pune. And I  was resting in my back seat while the driver rode in the clear and almost vacant highway.

I had told Ayesha about this schedule, the previous day itself and she insisted on letting her stay in the Mehra Residence itself. I couldn't ask deny.

I agreed and also gave her the spare house key, for the safety, of course! I certainly don't want her to stay at my house. 

Well, I admire myself for my excellent lying skills.

The street lights illuminated the big apartment where I lived, and I sighed tiredly. I half thought of driving to Mehra Residence, just because I wanted to see Ayesha after a two-day absence. But then decided against it.

I stepped into the lift and pressed the number of my floor. I happily fantasised kissing Ayesha's lips and hugging her tightly tomorrow.

Immersed in my fantasy, I unlocked the front door and stepped inside. I reached out for the switchboard but then, suddenly, the door behind me closed, engulfing me in complete darkness.

Before I could contemplate my next move, the lights went on, and I blinked, trying to adjust my vision. And when I finally got them, stood in front of me was Ayesha.

And before registering the fact, she hugged me tightly, and whispered in my ear, "Happy Birthday, Sahil!"

I released her and looked at her in surprise. Was it my birthday today? Really?