Ugh.

I hate this.

"I'm going to my room"

My mom nodded dismissing me.

As I stepped into my room, the first thing that caught my eye, is what frightened me the most...

A spider on the wall behind my bed.

I quickly looked around and saw my shoes.

I grabbed them and headed carefully towards the huge spider.

Actually it isn't really huge but I don't want to seem so weak, so yeah.. In my eyes it was huge.

"Oh please don't jump on me" I mumbled approaching the spider.

Then I got the shoe closer, and hit it once and for good!

It immediately fell on the floor, so I went to my desk to grab a tissue and throw the dead spider.

I laughed in victory "you see who is afraid now?"

I said as I got back to where I left the spider.

But my face went all pale. My eyes widened. Where the fuck did it go? Oh no.

I ran out of my room almost crying, what if the spider is on me?

"Mom I'm sleeping over at Danielle's, call me if you find the spider in my room and kill it" I grabbed my keys and phone and headed out after hearing my mom's laugh and an 'okay'.

Its not like I'm the only one that fears spider right?

I knocked on Danielle's, and when she opened, she was really shocked.

"Uhm can I stay over tonight? Just let me in its so cold outside! "

"Y-yeah get in" she said a little louder than normal.

"Uhm if someone is here I can go back?"

"N-no no. No ones here" I looked at her weird, but let it go.

Her eyes were fixed on my shoulder, I turned thinking someone is behind me, but there was no one.

"So what brings you here?" She asked her eyes still fixed on my shoulder.

"Uhm there was a spider at my room and I thought I killed it, but when I got back with a tissue to get it, it was nowhere to be seen"

Danielle's face flushed with ... Realization? Sympathy? And humor?

"Uhm okay don't move" she giggled a little.

"Huh, what are you doing? And why?"

She moved closer "just don't move, or I assure you, you want like the result" she giggled again.

"Are you gonna kiss me" I blurted- okay I didnt mean for that to get out.

Danielle seemed taking back and so was I, but she quickly regained herself. "Ha ha you wish, just don't move then I'll tell you"

She raised her hand and touched my shoulder, I was so confused. Then she went to the window and opened her hand. What the- "the spider was on your shoulder" my eyes widened in shock, the spider what?! "When you fist walked in, I thought it was your other pet" pet?

"Pet? Do you think Billie Eilish is standing here?" I asked in disbelief, my voice still shaky from the fact that the spider was on my shoulder, now I was grateful I can to Danielle. "Because you're mistaken, its Ashley Adams here"

She laughed at me "yeah exactly, aren't you gonna thank me ? Or you want me to get that spider back on your shoulder"

"Hell no! Thank you Danielle Smith, you're my life savior and I don't know how to thank you enough" I rolled my eyes not finding any other words "and I don't know how to pay you back for your very brave move! So thank you again" I paused seeming proud with my little speech "was that good enough? Miss smith?"

"Oh hell yeah it was" she said in between laughter.

But all I could think about is tomorrow, and my sister's coming home. Guess its gonna be an interesting day.

*****
I started my period so forgive me for this grumpy chapter.

Do you prefer being the little sister/brother or the eldest? Or in the middle?