Prologue

"Conjuration is the study of souls and spirits, and from whence theyre borne. You are naught but a spirit borne in flesh, and tethered to the Cistern, where through you are being flushed", his woolly brow fell in dark cogitation as his wrinkled eyes reached past the floor and into the echos of his mind. "The scope of the Megacosm reaches above, below, abaft and beyond the Cistern, as does the scope of your animus". Ugos piercing gaze fell back on Sufyaan "But your motivations will never last an eternity. Only a fool refuses the black surrender of death; he is but a dog chasing his own tail". Sufyaan winced at the masters words and recoiled from his gaze. "I-I've been under your tutelage for many moons now. I fail to understand the relevance of these elementary postulates".

"Indeed you do", Master Ugos wizardly voice bellowed and rang through the empty chapel. Sufyaans heart sank. There was no where to flee or hide on Magnum where he could escape the judgment of the Synod. "You take the Grandmasters for children? Or perhaps you thought their noses too old to catch wind of your nidorous meddlings?" Ugo stroked his gray bristly beard and shut his left eye. From out of the shadows slithered a small rope which bound an unsuspecting Sufyaan, spilling him stiffly to the stone floor of the chapel.

"Your transgressions in this institution will be purified, and your judgement will be met". Sufyaans eyes splayed with fear, clinging onto every last morsel of life. The rope thrall squeezed tighter around his arms legs and torso until his voice was a shrill piteous blare. "Your soul will be cleansed by the fires of agony, and your release will be death, where you shall pass no further transgression, as it is commanded by the Synod of Grandmasters!", and with that the rope crunched his bones and crushed his organs, gripping so tightly his face swole and his blaring scream sizzled into a raucous whimper as his head popped into a confetti of blood and brain matter.