Chapter 2

Walking down the aisle, she noticed a man standing on the platform. She was far but knows exactly who that man is. Purple robe, silver hair.... she was sure that it is Dong Hua. So she hurriedly climbed the stairs only to find out that it was an illusion and that Dong Hua will never attend such coronation.

She turned around and smiled in front of all her subjects. She is the new Queen of Qing Qiu. She shall never act without thinking. She can never place a step inside Taichen Palace where Dijun stays. She can never meet him without notice or important appointments. She was sad but got no choice.

After the coronation, she decided to make arrangements and busy herself with the matters of Qing Qiu. Trying to divert her attention, she often found herself crying because of longing.

Days became months, months become years. She trained herself to control emotions and put a face whenever there are gatherings.

Bai Qian has become the Heavenly Empress. She wanted to attend the celebration but failed because something came up in Qing Qiu.

Because of the situation, she came up with a set of logic.

"Maybe god used this opportunity to make me realized that we are not bound for each other and that we should never meet again." She was referring to Dong Hua.

Fengjiu poured a drink and went to her chamber.

In Taichen Palace...

"Did you see her?" Cheng Yu asked Si Ming.

"No, my lord. I heard something came up in their kingdom that is why she was unable to attend the ceremony." He answered with a heavy heart.

"Love moves in mysterious way. But fate has its way as well." Lian Song suddenly appeared from nowhere while reciting a line from a book he's reading.

"You're heartless!" Cheng Yu shouted as she stepped on Lian Songs foot.

"Here we go again." Si Ming laughed and walked away.

They didn't notice that Dijun was there and overheard their conversation. He hasn't changed at all. Still reading Buddha theories while fishing at his favorite spot.

He opened his eyes and look at the corner where the 3 lords are talking.

Is this a sign of being interested? Guess not.

The obsession of Fengjiu 2000 years ago didn't do them good. It was understandable that all the bad luck will fall to her since she pushed herself to Dong Hua even though she knows that he will never respond to her.

After the coronation of Jiu-er, Dijun never left Taichen Palace again. He would just sit in his study table or play the game of go by himself.

Lian Song would always update him about Qing Qiu but he will just ignore him and put a poker face which makes the Third Prince leave because of his response.

Did he really lost his interest to Fengjiu? Or it is because he knows that defying heaven will only bring them chaos?