38

Justin's pov

Papers scattered my conference room table as my highest ranking men looked them over. I sat back in my chair letting Max go over our work. "We are launching a full scale takeover of the last standing italian family in New York." the men clapped and shouted as i smirked. "We're going to attack their compound on friday after dark, we're going to go in three groups-"

"I'm sorry to interrupt," said Wayne, one of our younger members that has risen through the ranks. He knew better than to speak out of turn but if he was than it must be for a good reason. "But didn't we just make an alliance with the Kings?" he asked, looking to me.

"And?" i asked.

"They're aligned with the sicilian mafia, aren't they going to want to retaliate if we take over their foothold in america?"

"They have a big enough foothold here with the Kings, they can't do anything about Lucchese." Wayne nodded. "But i understand your concern." i stood up and rolled up my sleeves. I placed my hands on the table in front of me. "If this takeover doesn't happen in a single calculated strike, we will lose our alliance with the Kings."

They all nodded. I nodded at Max before sitting back down. I leaned back and closed my eyes imagining my perfect Annelise as Max explained the plan to everyone. "Make sure you know exactly what you have to do. If any of you fuck up, there will be concequenes."

I stood up. "Dismissed," i said.

They nodded and stood up leaving Max and i alone in the conference room. "You're distracted," Max said.

"I need Annelise."

"You're fucking pussy whipped."

I rolled my eyes. "Like you're fucking not," i growled.

"At least i can go a few days without seeing my girl. You're such a baby without her."

I shoved him. "Shut up and let's go." he chuckled but followed me out of the conference room. We got into our cars and drove. I pulled out my phone and dialed Annie.

Hey love
Baby, Max and i are coming over
Okay but i do have a guest over so is it okay if we just stay at the apartment?
I don't care where we are, i just miss you
You silly boy, you saw me like three days ago
Too fucking long, baby. I didn't hear a reply. You better not be rolling your eyes
I would never
I will be there soon, don't make me fix that attitude of yours
I'd like to see you try
You're so gonna get tonight baby

I hung up before she could get a reply in. i smiled. I found myself speeding all the way to her apartment. I jumped out of the car and practically ran up the stairs. Max grabbed me by the arm to keep me from charging in. "Pussy. Whipped."

I rolled my eyes. I pulled my extra key to their apartment out and unlocked the door. I stepped inside. Annelise was laying on the couch and Lauren must have been in her bedroom. A loud blaring alarm went off. Annelise jumped up from the couch. "Max alarm panel hurry. 48156."

Max went for the panel, plugging in the code to shut it otf. "Annelise?" Yelled a guy from Annelise's room. I snapped my head to her with a glare hoping she knew better than to have a guy in her bedroom that wasn't me.

Annelise ran over to her bedroom. The man who walked out was on his feet with a gun out. "No no no It's okay," she said grabbing his wrists and lowering his gun. "It's Justin and Max, I forgot to tell you they were coming over."

"Annelise," i growled.

She turned to me. She must have known i was mad because she walked straight to me. She grabbed my hands wrapping my arms around her. She turned in my arms pressing her back to me. I leaned down deeply inhaling her scent. "Justin, this is Joe. he's been my bodyguard pretty much since i was born. My mom is in one of her moods and sent him here to watch over me for a few days. Joe, this is my boyfriend, i'm sure you have heard a bunch about him from mamma."