"You idiot! You startled me!" she exclaimed as she placed a hand on her chest. "Fuck, I should have not drank that coffee earlier."

Jasper laughed, throwing his head back. Madelline's playful glare softened and felt her insides warming up at the sight in front of her. "God, what am I? A lovefool?" she thought, facepalming herself mentally.

"Did you have a good sleep?" Jasper asked. He wanted to know everything about Madelline and what her hobbies were even though it sounded a bit creepy and perhaps to others, cringe.

Madelline nodded and placed her book away so she could focus solely on Jasper. The action alone made Jasper want to smile all day, yet tried to contain it with a smile while still trying to cover it with his hand. "It's really nice actually. I think it's because of the caffeine."

Jasper raised his eyebrow in amusement, it's his first time meeting someone human being sleepy due to caffeine. The common thing he usually receives would be is that they couldn't sleep because they drank caffeine.

"Isn't caffeine supposed to make you awake and keeps you energized?" he asked.

Madelline furiously shakes her head. "No, no, and no! Don't believe those lies. I once believe that too and look where it got me. Caffeine usually makes me more tired than keeps me awake and energized. The same goes for chocolate," she told him with a sigh. "I'm scammed!"

Jasper couldn't help but laugh, finding everything about her amusing. Madelline was indeed a special girl.

"But you still love drinking coffee, yes?" he clarified, propping his chin on his right hand as he stares at her.

"Well, o-of course," Madelline stutters. She felt her hands grow clammy as she became nervous under Jasper's gaze, but before they could continue their talk, their Biology teacher entered their room with a gold onion in his hands.

"Onion root tip cells, that is what's on your slides right now," he began. "So separate and label them into the phases of mitosis."

"And the first partners to finish and get it right are gonna win the golden onion."

Madelline fought back a scoff as she eyed the golden onion on his hands. Her eyes narrowed, analyzing if it was a true gold. Edward who sat by the far corner heard Madelline's thoughts loud and clear, causing him to chuckle. Jasper and Madelline started with Jasper pushing the microscope towards her.

"Ladies first."

Madelline playfully rolled her eyes at him as she begrudgingly pulled the microscope towards her. "Can we not finish before anyone else? Because I do not really want to have that golden onion and I'm sure as hell you don't want that onion," she said. Her eyes squinting to see more clearly.

"I was about to ask you that," he chuckled as he studied Madelline's side profile. She looked even more beautiful up close, he was in absolute awe. If he could look at this forever he wouldn't complain.

"It's prophase," Madelline told him, pushing the microscope back to him. "Your turn."

"You know, I find everything weird and slightly fascinating," she started as she recalled some things she has on her mind.