She gave me a soft smile back, "Sure, Lizzie's probably going to annoy you though."

I snort, "She wouldn't be Lizzie if she didn't try and get on my nerves."

---★---

The next morning came in a flash, I had scurried down to the main hall to find MG before he had to go and compel Landon again.
"Hey MG!" I caught up with him just as he was turning to walk down the hall to Dr. Saltzman's office. He looked up at me in mild surprise, "Hey Kiki, what's up?" I slowed to a stop beside him, "Nothing, actually, I wanted to come with you."

"Oh, yeah of course!" MG smiled at me, gesturing over to the office, "Come on, they should already be inside."

I followed MG into the office, nodding slightly at Alaric before shooting Landon a reassuring smile.

I watched as Landon attempted to convince Alaric to let him stay but obviously Alaric disapproved, Landon's gaze landed on me and he gave me an almost pleading look.

I shook my head with a small frown, "Sorry Landon, but I agree with Dr. Saltzman. It's way too dangerous for a human to be at this school, you could get seriously hurt! Trust me, this is what's best for you." I look at him sympathetically, it must be hard leaving behind his best friend.

Landon sighed but nodded, "Ok, I'm ready." He stood up and faced MG. I blinked curiously as MG attempted to compel him again, there was something odd about the way Landon's eyes didn't really glaze over during the compulsion.

"Did it work?" I asked, walking over to where the 2 boys were.

"I'm not sure," MG replied, taking a step back from Landon, "I think so."

I glanced at Landon with an unsure frown, "Landon?"

Dr. Saltzman got up and made his way around his desk and over to us, "Landon, do you know where you are?"

I sucked in a sharp breath as Landon blinked steadily at us, he looked at Dr. Saltzman with an odd but curious look on his face, "Yeah, I'm at this school for supernatural people."

Alaric's face fell as he took a step forward to Landon, "You still remember everything?"

Landon nodded before turning his head to look at me, "It didn't work."

I stared at him in shock, I turned to face MG who looked just as confused and surprised as I was, "I don't get it, that should have worked, the vervain would've been out of your system by now." MG blinked at Landon in a confused manner.

I quickly recovered from my initial shock and a smile blossomed across my face, "You know what this means!" I chip excitedly, looking between Landon and Dr. Saltzman.

"What?" Landon asks, he looked a bit concerned now.

I bounced over as Alaric frowned and made his way back to his desk, "You're supernatural!" I throw an arm around Landon, pulling him into a side-hug of sorts.

"No," Alaric said, determination and confusion seemed to lace his voice, "that's impossible, he doesn't show any supernatural signs or abilities."

I huffed out a breath of air in an annoyed manner, "I don't know Dr. Saltzman, being immune to compulsion seems like a pretty supernatural ability to me. Plus, it's possible that Landon just hasn't triggered the rest of his powers yet." I gave the headmaster a pointed look.

Dr. Saltzman looked between Landon and I, his frown never fading. He obviously didn't believe my claim about untriggered powers, but there was no denying the fact that Landon resisted being compelled by MG twice now.

I watched as the headmaster had an internal battle with himself, should Landon be allowed to stay or not.

"With all due respect Dr. Saltzman, we can't exactly send Landon back out into the human world when he still has memories of this place." MG piped up, shuffling towards us from where he was standing.

Alaric sighed and looked up at us, "Yes, I suppose you're right." He looked over at Landon, "Though you don't appear to be supernatural I'll have to let you stay due to these circumstances," Landon smiled excitedly though there was still an air of nervousness around him, "however," Alaric continued, "your lack of abilities still makes this a dangerous place for you. I'm not going to lock you in the transition space downstairs but be warned, you could get hurt while here."

Landon fidgeted nervously and I could've sworn I saw a flash of fear in his eyes but he nodded, "I understand, thank you." Alaric nodded before turning to look at me, "Kiyomi, you can show Landon around, don't forget to show him where the dorms are as well."

I smiled, "No problem," I turned to Landon, "Come on, I'll introduce you to the rest of the group as well." I grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the office, this was going to be a fun day.

" I grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the office, this was going to be a fun day

Canon has officially ended!

I've decided to make it so that Landon stays as a student at the Salvatore school instead of stealing the knife and running off, no worries though, the monsters will still appear throughout this story!

Thank you for reading FOF! See you next week for another chapter ❤