Collection and Extraction

Beginne am Anfang

We turned towards the Allura for her decision, "There's only one way to find out. Let's go take a look."

Allura and Coran flew the Castle through space towards the coordinates. It was better to fly without a wormhole for risk of the base catching us as we exited.

I stayed close to the window watching the stars pass us by, changing colors and brightness. It was beautiful.

Suddenly, I felt my scar burn slightly. I raised my hand to my scar and rubbed the pain away. Something was going to happen and it wouldn't be good. We'd have to be careful.

Hours went by and we slowed down the Castle near the three planets.

"We should be close enough to get a good scan, but far enough away to avoid being noticed." Allura said. I walked away from the window and stood next to Keith. He glanced at me with a worried look, but I smiled to ease his concern.

As we passed by one of the three planets, the base slowly became visible. Large Galra battle cruisers were parked near it, the base itself was built on a partially destroyed moon in the center of the three planets.

"There it is." Shiro stated as we stared at the large base.

Coran pulled up a closer scan of the base, "It appears the gravitation between the two planets warps the electron emission spectrum enough to keep the planet off the deep space scanners."

"So, you can only see it if you really know where to look." Pidge said thoughtfully.

We watched the base for a moment and saw the large cruisers docking

"This place must handle shipments from all over the Galra Empire." Shiro said.

"If this is just some big airport where shipments come and go, why is it hidden?" Pidge asked.

"Don't judge a book by it's cover, Pidge." I said, "There may be more to this place than meets the eye."

"Then we'd better go down and take a look." Allura said.

Allura pulled up a map of the base, mostly just the top which seemed to be important.

"We'll need to enter here: the central control building." She said, giving us a visual on the control building.

Keith's eyes widened as he turned to the princess in confusion, "I'm sorry, Princess, did you say "we"?" He asked.

"I'm going with you." She said plainly, "I've traveled through the Galra transportation hubs many times with my father before the war began. I know more about them than any of you."

I smiled at Allura. It would be nice to let her do more than just fly the Castle. Her father wanted her to fight, and that's what she's going to do.

"Princess, I'd rather you stay here." He said, worried for her safety.

"I'm a part of this fight against Zarkon as much as anyone. I'm going." Allura confirmed, "Does anyone have a problem with that?"

No one spoke out against Allura.

Coran looked over at Shiro, hoping that he would agree with the Princess not going.

"Fine. Suit up." Shiro said, making Coran collapse to the ground in defeat and everyone, excluding me, look at him like he was crazy.

We out on our armor and proceeded to create a plan of action.

"We'll go in low, fast and hopefully undetected." Shiro said, "Coming around the dark side of the nearest planet should keep them from getting a visual on us. Thanks to Pidge's modifications in the Green Lion, we'll have 30 seconds of cloaking."