Divaradia - Part 2: The Promise >< Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

Megan and Lily: Megan's PoV (Point of View)

     We got off at my stop, and walked the short distance to my house. When we got inside we both dumped our bags at the foot of the stairs and walked to the kitchen to grab a quick snack. A platter of cookies rested on the kitchen counter along with three glasses of milk. 'I wonder what's taking Meredith so long?' I thought to myself. "Hey Lily?"

       "Yeff Magam?" she said through a mouthful of cookie.

      "What's taking Meredith so long?"

       "Isn't she meeting up with Rowan and Zahira and Larissa?"       "Yes..." I said slowly. But she said it would only take a couple seconds.

     "You worry too much Megs. Dith'll be back before the hour is up! C'mon, lets get some of our homework done." she suggested. But Meredith wasn't back before the hour's end. Or the next, or the next, or the next, or the one after that. At eight o'clock, we were both extremely worried.

     "Maybe we should go to the school to see if she's alright?" Lily said, biting her lip and staring anxiously out the window.

       "Or, maybe we should call her cell phone and see what's taking her so long!" I said, already dialing. We both waited eagerly. The phone rang twice, then was answered. "Hello?"

     "Hey Dith! What's taking you so long? You were supp--" I stopped talking. That wasn't Meredith's voice. "Who are you?" I asked.

     "I am an old friend of yours." the voice informed me. I had heard that silky voice before somewhere....but where?

       "Who are you? Where's Meredith?" I asked flatly.

       "Meredith is currently being babysat by your other friend."

      "OK! But who the heck are you?!" I yelled at the phone.

       I could hear the smile in the voice as it answered, "King Rosforth." No. No! NO! That's not possible! 

     "You bloody bastard! What have you done with Meredith?! Where's your stupid Zebra?!" I yelled. My voice shook a little. 

     "I'm right here Megan!" A flute-like voice trilled. Crap, Rosforth and Zella are here! Here! On Earth!

       "What do you want?" I asked hoarsely.

       "A business meeting." Quite sure I hadn't heard Rosforth properly I asked, "A what?"

       "A business meeting. The school library, midnight. Hope to see you there!" he said before hanging up. I numbly switched off my phone.

       "What is it Megan?" Lily asked worriedly.

     "Rosforth and Zella are here, and they have Meredith." 

Meredith, Zella & Rosforth: Meredith's PoV

     When I woke, I felt extremely woozy, and I had a headache no-one would envy. I groaned as what had transpired rushed through my head. I looked around. I was in what appeared to be a very large bird cage. Zella and Rosforth were on the other side of the bars, talking quietly about something in Rosforth's hand.

       "What's in your hand?" I asked him, not expecting an answer.

       "Your link to your magic. I put all your powers into these beads on this bracelet. You cannot use any magic unless someone takes your powers out of the beads. However, if one of the beads were to break, you would lose your connection with that power forever." he informed me.