Divaradia - Part 2: The Promise >< Chapter 7

"What is it Megan?" I asked. Rowan sat on my other side, Zahira and Larissa across from him. 

     "You got the popular crew to like and follow you!" Megan whispered.

     "Why is that such a big deal?" I whispered back.

     "It's a big deal 'cuz they like no-one. Nobody ever gets accepted into their little group, especially a new girl!" Megan explained excitedly. "Which one talked to you first?"

     "Rowan." I said cautiously. 

      "Ooh! I think he likes you!" Megan squealed. She looked like christmas had come several months early, which got me very, very worried. 

     "Megan, what are you plotting?" I asked suspiciously. Her eyes grew wide and her face adopted a completely innocent look.

       "Why, nothing of course. What are you talking about?" I rolled my eyes at her. We finished lunch. My last couple classes seemed to be done it seconds. When I got to my locker and opened it to get my bag and go home, I noticed a folded piece of paper. I opened it and read it.  Dear Meredith, If you can meet us in the math room beside the library after school before your bus leaves that would be appreciated.  You can tell your friends you're going, but please don't bring them. We all gotta have a talk. Rowan, Larissa, Zahira

     Rowan, Larissa and Zahira want to have a little chat? Well, I guess that's ok, I can just walk back to Megan's house. I quickly ran to where Megan and Lily were saying goodbye to Sian. 

     "Hey you guys, Rowan, Larissa and Zahira wanna talk with me, so I'll meet you back at Megan's house, ok? You had better go, don't miss the bus!" I said quickly.

     "Huh? Oh right, yeah, see you back at my house." Megan said distractedly. Lily nodded to me so I knew that even if Megan wasn't paying me any attention Lily knew where I was. 

     I ran back to my locker and quickly packed up and bag, slinging it over my shoulder. The halls were now emptying rapidly as students raced to get to their buses. I walked comfortably, taking my time. When I finally got to the math rooms, I dropped my bag by the door and knocked lightly, letting myself in. The scene before my eyes shocked me beyond the ability to talk, move or do anything besides stare. Zella was perched lightly on one of the desks, inspecting her perfectly manicured nails. Her golden hair tumbled down her back. Her dress was a magnificent, unforgettable scarlet. Zahira and Rowan were unconscious at her feet. Across from her, Rosforth was standing, looking at a small, huddled form at his feet. I realized it was Larissa. She mumbled something. He obviously didn't like it, because he kicked her side viciously. She curled into a little ball and did not move again. Rosforth was looking magnificent. His black hair was perfectly combed, and his dark eyes danced with a malicious light. He wore a black shirt with silver and gold embroidery, and long black jeans. He looked up, and smiled widely.

     "Why hello Meredith! It is such a pleasant surprise to see you here! To what occasion do I owe this fine pleasure?" 

     "How can you -- I thought -- but you were -- what --" I spluttered. 

     "My darling Meredith," he began, 'Don't call me darling' I thought to myself. "Elidor's curse is a blessing in disguise! In Fairytale, it made it impossible for me to eat, sleep or use magic, because that is where my magic would normally function. The curse made my powers useless. Here, on Earth where under normal circumstances my magic would be unpredictable and difficult to use, the curse makes my magic work perfectly, even strengthens it! See, I can tie you up, take your magic, and make you fall unconscious!" he demonstrated for me. He snapped his fingers and invisible ropes immobilized me, I fell to the floor unable to keep my balance. I felt a painful draining feeling as he stole my powers, then lastly, I felt into a deep and endless blackness. My last thought was 'I can't believe this is happening again...'