Truce

⚠️
Trigger Warning:
Death
Car crash
⚠️
_______________

He promised me , yet here I am pacing the hallway outside his hospital room. He can't leave me. We're always there for each other. He's my only friend. I'm his only friend. It's just him and I against the world. A doctor came out of the room. I tried to yell out to him, but he acted as if I wasn't there. Tears filled my eyes. Why was I getting ignored? He wouldn't ignore me.
The doctor from before was talking to a nurse outside of his room. They are discussing something about his friend. That's me. I'm his friend. I walk up to the pair. I try to talk to them. Nothing. I yell. Not even a flinch. I slip down to the floor. My head in my hands, and my knees curled up into my chest. The tears spill. I let out a sob. I'm shaking. Questions fill my head to the brim, like a cup overflowing. That's when I hear it. The sound of a flatline. I look up at the door, doctors and nurses running in and out of his room, trying to keep him alive. Shakily, I stand up and make my way to the side of his bed. There was another bed next to his. The doctor that was ignoring me before calls the time of death. I let out a choked sob as my breath hitches in my throat. I yell out to him. My hands cover my mouth as tears fall down my cheeks. He promised me.
I stand there for what feels like an eternity, waiting for him to wake up. I feel something touch my shoulder. I turn around shakily and look up at the figure standing in front of me. I gasp loudly. There he was in front of me, standing there, pulling me into a hug.
Then I remember...
The car hit us. I can still hear people yelling. Yelling and rushing around. I remember my last words as I held his hand in my own.
"Stay alive for me."