30

Dipper turned to Bill. "Who is she?"

Bill sighed. "She was my last soulmate that I found before I gave up trying to look." Bill smiled, remembering. "My siblings and I were in Paris during the Victorian-era. We were near the end of our stay when April and I met. She was everything you are- quiet, polite, and always looking for adventure."

"So what happened? Why didn't you end up with her?"

Bill's smiled fell. "We had to say goodbye." He turned to Dipper. "My time in Paris was over, and she had to get back home to England. We had promised each other that we would see each other again, that I would go to England to find her."

"Did you?"

"Of course I did. But by that time, it was too late." He looked at Dipper. "Ever heard of Jack the Ripper?" Dipper nodded. "He killed her. She was one of the women who was killed in a similar way as the Canonical Five, but no one could confirm that he had killed her. She was dead long before I had arrived in England."

"Oh, Bill... I'm sorry."

Bill shook his head. "Don't be. It's been years since then. I've gotten over it. Beside-" he smiled at Dipper, then leaned in and kissed him. "I found someone else."

Dipper blushed. "I love you."

"I love you, too." The sky around them began to grow dark, and Bill's eyes widened. "You're starting to wake up. You have all of your memories back. It's over."

"It's over..?"

Bill hugged Dipper tightly. "I'll see you soon, Mason. I'll be right next to you when you open your eyes."

Dipper hugged him back. "I believe you."

Bill pulled away. "I'll see you soon." He repeated before disappearing from sight.

Dipper was left in darkness for a few moments before he began to hear voices.

"Are you sure he's waking up?"

"Of course I'm sure. I wouldn't have gotten kicked out of the Mindscape if he wasn't."

"Okay, okay, chill." He felt someone sit down on the mattress next to him. "Dipper, if you can hear me, open your eyes." Dipper gently fluttered them open and saw Will looking down at him. "Wow, you were right for once."

Bill appeared next to him, smacking the back of his brother's head. "Excuse you, I'm always right."

Will rolled his eyes. "Sure you are." Will helped Dipper sit up in the bed. "Are you okay? Hurt or anything?"

Dipper shook his head. "No, why?"

"Just asking."

"Do you know his starting power?" Bill asked.

"Shapeshifting." Will looked at his brother. "He attempted it a few times while asleep. Do you know who it was?"

"Yeah. She used to be his guardian angel."

"You guys are talking like I'm not here."

Will looked at Dipper. "Right. Sorry. Do you remember everything?"

Dipper nodded. "I think so. There's a few foggy memories here and there, but nothing to worry about."

Will nodded. "Good. And that's normal right after this process. They'll all come back to you after a couple more days, but the worst of it is over."

"When is he allowed to go back to the Shack?" Bill asked.

"Now, if he wanted to."

Dipper nodded. "I want to."

"Okay. I do have to warn you that you'll probably be a little lightheaded for about a minute, but you'll be fine."

Bill looked at Dipper. "We don't have to do this right now. We can wait until you get the rest of your memories back."

"It's better to do it now and get it over with than to keep him waiting."

Bill sighed. "You're right." He helped Dipper up from the bed. "Thank you for everything, Will."

Will smiled at the two. "You're welcome. Go talk to Ford. I have my own soulmate to get back to."

Bill and Dipper appeared in the kitchen of the shack, directly in front of Stan. He jumped, dropping the newspaper he was holding, before grinning. "Dipper! You're alright!" He hugged Dipper tightly for a long moment before letting go and turning to Bill. "He has his memories back, right?"

"Right. My brother helped."

"And so did you." Stan hesitated for a brief second before hugging Bill, as well. Bill froze for a moment before relaxing and hugging Stan back. The two let go of each other. "Thank you for taking care of Dipper."

Bill smiled. "I wouldn't be doing anything else."

Ford appeared in the doorway, having heard everyone talking. He cleared his throat, getting the three's attention. "Am I interrupting?"

Stan looked at Dipper and Bill. "I'll leave you alone to talk." He left the room.

Ford smiled at Dipper. "I'm glad to see you're okay. I'm sorry for everything."

Dipper crossed his arms. "I'm not the one you should be apologizing to."

Ford sighed. "You're right." He turned to Bill, who was trying not to deck Ford. "Bill. I'm sorry for the way I've been treating you lately. You've been trying to repair our relationship, and in return I've been extremely rude and crossed a line. I wish I could take it all back, but I can't. Please forgive me."

Bill was silent for a long moment. Then, "Can you accept the fact that Mason and I are together?"

Ford nodded. "Yes. After seeing how upset you were about this whole ordeal, I realized how much you care about him. As long as you treat Dipper with respect and care for him, then I can accept it."

"Then you're forgiven."

Ford raised an eyebrow. "That easily?"

"That easily."

"Oh. I thought it would take more convincing than that."

"Nope. You're lucky."

"Okay. Well then... I'll see you two later." He quickly left the room.

"See, that wasn't so hard!" Dipper said to Bill with a smile.

"God, I was this close to breaking his nose."

"But you didn't."

"That's only because you're here with me." He looked at Dipper briefly before grinning, pulling him close. He softly bit Dipper's ear. "Now, why don't we go back to my place for some alone time?"

Dipper bit his lip, swallowing the moan forming in his throat. "Sounds perfect."