Finally!

Sophie sighed and threw her head back, leaning it against calla's tree. The pile of books and papers around her seemed like a mound she was buried in, and she couldn't get out. Even with her hour of study hall each day she couldn't seem to catch up on her missing work, and she just kept getting more she got behind. She closed her eyes for a second, taking a deep breath.
"Whatcha reading there?" A voice asked next to her, making her jump. She opened her eyes to see Keefe sitting next to her, looking over her shoulder at the book on her lap
"The universe homework. It's a stupid worksheet" she showed it to him, flipping it over to show she only had half of it done
"Ooh, I remember that!" Keefe said, studying it a little further. "I still remember the answers, too. I could help you, if you want"
"Oh, Keefe you're the best! Thank you" Sophie threw her arms around his shoulders, hugging him tight. He froze for a second before hugging her back.

"Ok, done!" Sophie slammed the book shut in front of her with a satisfying snap, adding it to the neat pile they had made of all the homework she had completed, with help from Keefe. She threw her head back once again, massaging her neck lightly "thank you so much Keefe" she told him, for what had to be the 50th time since they had started
"It's fine foster. You know I'll always help you" Sophie turned to look at him, opening her mouth slightly to respond with a joke. Her mouth paused, something intense in his eyes making her breath catch short. He leaned in a little closer before repeating "always" before Sophie knew it they were so close she felt his light, quick breath on her cheeks, and her eyes fluttered shut. It was a small moment before she felt him press his lips to hers, and her eyes flew open in shock. She closed them again, blindly grabbing gently at his shirt trying to pull him closer. This... didn't feel like Dex. And It didn't feel like when she was with Fitz, it's felt much better. But it didn't feel like all those romantic storys she had read when she was with the humans, either. It wasn't fireworks or sparks, but it was a warm fuzzy feeling that started In her chest and spread through her body, making her feel... well, right. Like it was how it was always meant to be. Keefe pulled away, taking a deep breath of air. Sophie leaned back too, frowning before realizing he needed air. Then she realized why he needed air. That had actually just happened.
"Well, I think it's time for dinner but thanks again for all the help." Sophie scrambled to get up and collect her things, and just as she turned around she felt him grab her wrist
"I've liked you since we went to get your abilities fixed- the first time. And I mean really, really like you. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have kissed you after you just broke up with Fitz, but I couldn't take it anymore. I think-I think I'm in love with you, Sophie" Keefe whispered, so softly Sophie almost thought she imagined it.
"You just called me Sophie" she whispered back, her brain so in shock it was the only thing she could think to say. He laughed
"Yeah, I did. Thoughts on the other things I said?" He asked
"I.. I like you too. Like a lot. And I have for a while now. That's what I couldn't tell you, I though you were just being an amazing supportive friends and I didn't want to ruin it" Sophie mumbled, sinking back down to the ground and facing him, setting her books down.
"What? Really?" He asked
"Um, yeah.." she whispered
"I, wow. What.. what do we do now?" He asked, just as awkward as Sophie. She found it adorable though, so she smiled and answered
"Would you like to go on a date, Keefe?"
"Yes. But.. what about the Fitz thing?" He asked, obviously concerned
"I've moved on to someone better. If he has a problem, whatever. We broke up" Sophie shrugged, trying to ignore her itchy eyelashes
"Sounds amazing. So, yes, I'd love to go on a date with you, foster"
"Finally!" A voice interrupted them, making both of them jump. All of Sophie's guards and Ro melted out of the shadows, Ro looking like she just won the lottery. Sandor and Bo looked less the pleased, but kept quite. Sophie blushed furiously, and Keefe had bright red cheeks as well
"Shut up, Ro" Keefe hissed at her
"No way! You finally confessed! There's no way I'm not going to celebrate!" She did a little dance, grinning
"Seriously, shut it" Keefe warned
"Never, hunckyhair! You're gonna be hearing about this for years! What did I tell you! She likes you, tooooooo" she drug out the word as she bounced up and down "right now, though, I'll leave you be" she stepped back into her hiding place the sudden quite just as shocking as the sudden sound when she had appeared. Sophie still felt her presence, and her eyes boring into Sophie's soul. Or at least, that's what it felt like. She focused on Keefe, though, the warm orange of the sunset lighting his hair up like a fire, or a halo around his head. The angle of the sun on his face brought out the sharp, handsome features of his face. In that moment, Sophie had never been happier she had a photographic memory.

It's not a prank, kids. This is a real part of the story. Hope you enjoy, and let the real fosterkeefe start!