Chapter 5: Family and Friend Fun Night

"Mom?!" I call into my silent home, poking my head in the front door.

"Becca?" Fran walks out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on her jeans. "Why are you back so early?"

"Ha-ha, it's kind of a cute story." I chuckle nervously. "I kind of got caught beating these guys up," I open the door wider to reveal Ryan, Lee, Terance, Max, Weston, and Harrie. "And got sent home. And I invited them over, along with three of my friends."

"Well, you made some friends, well done." She smirks at me, walking in and ushering everyone in. I catch on that she's talking about the task, 'Make one friend'. "I just was about to have lunch, you guys can go get a movie or something while I make you guys lunch." She smiles sweetly at the guys before entering the kitchen once again.

I swear I heard Weston singing "Becca's mom has got it going on!" and I smack him over the head.

"My mother is happily married." I scold, just as the door opens.

"Yes, to her lovely husband--me!" Dave poses like Superman or something.

"Whatever dad." I roll my eyes, chuckling to myself and walking into the living room.

"But I am awesome! And sexy!" Dave protests, sitting in a large black leather seat.

"Mmhmm, didn't say you weren't." I reach behind him to grab the DVDs. "He's not." I mouth over to the guys, making them snicker loudly. Or, in Harrie's case, stare at the floor, way out of it all.

"Fran! Becca's harrassing me!" Dave yells, making all of us laugh. My new parents are surely...something.