starting a new day

I woke up, the sun shining into my dark room even though the curtains were tightly drawn closed to block it. We weren't on our own 'Earth' so we didn't have to bother with the green sun trying to melt us anymore, however it still managed to disrupt my sleep.

Whatever, its Sunday, and there is no way i'm getting up to do anything right now. I sighed and turned away from the blinding sun and grunted before searching for my phone, seeing again that i had put it in my top dresser drawer but the looks of where the cord was going to. I've changed my mind, i want my phone.

As I sat up I pushed the warm duvet off of my bare chest only to be greeted by the cold air, as well as a noticeable puff of warm steam arising from my mouth. The cold made me shiver, another day on this lavished plant-breed rock that the others call 'home'. Keywords 'they' and not me, but it's as close as home as it'll get i guess. There is a upside at times though, the food tastes quite good.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time, 9:18.. Usually but now Karkat would be up and shouting for me to be but, as we all know, times change. He went to go live with (Whoever you ship him with) and now i'm all alone in this house. No one except motherly Maryam, and my brother, has talked to me in a while.

But oh well, thats ok. i looked around before placing my feet on the ice cold wooden floor of my room then standing up then wandering almost drunkenly across the room. It was still morning to me and my legs, besides i didn't stretch yet. I stumbled once more over to my clothes dresser drawer, taking out a clean pair of tight black pants, then taking a thicker and larger than normal, red, fluffy, sweater. I shuffled into my pants and almost fell a few times but i managed to get into them before i placed the red sweater over my head and onto myself.

I wandered over back to my bedside table before sighing and picking up the phone and beginning the slow trek down the hall and towards the kitchen to find something to eat. i walked into the kitchen and sat my phone on the counter then i opened the fridge and got out the milk setting it next to my phone. as soon as that was done i got out the cereal and a bowl. As soon as i grabbed the spoon for myself a chime and a vibration startled me. I looked back at my phone only fast enough to see the words.

"WVhats up Chief?"

All of a sudden my phone started a fit of notifications being known by the ringtone and vibrations. Looks like today will be the first time in what seemed like forever that i won't get any rest today. i picked up my phone and unlocked it before taking a look at the messages that began pouring in queued by chimes and vibrations.

Cronus A. : "WVhats up chief?"
"You comin to the party tonight?"

Meenah P. : ") ( -Ey you up for coming to a party tonight?"
"It gill be fun i promis-E!"

Party? What Party? And it being fun? Tch... Yeah right, there is no way i'm going to go to a party! Pity me but, last time i went to a party i was ditched! I would have left usually after that or when the party moved but the last time there was someone who beckoned me to stay just so he knew that the ones who were drunk or just passed out were safe. It was just me and him listening to quiet music and watching movies until everyone left. I sighed maybe we might be able to do that again. I decided to respectfully text them back.

Kankri V: "Yes, i may c9me t9 the party 6ut i'll need the address
first."

As soon as they sent the address i wrote it down on a note.

~ The Peixes Mansion.
~ 6:00p.m Sharp - Whenever everyone leaves.

I leaned back into the chair and finished my cold bowl of cereal then checked the time, only 10:16 about an hour since i've woke up. Well that gives me time at least. Maybe a little too much time..

But I guess i will read a little or even write something. I shivered as i turned and touched my toes against the pale and cold tile floor i stretched a little bit more before standing up then shuffling over to the sink with my dirty dishes. After turning the knob the bowl filled up, I guess i'll wash them right now after all there is plenty of time and not many things to do at the moment.

I put my hand under the rushing water and waited for it to come to the right temperature. It always took forever but i managed to get it perfect no matter what the deal was, no frostbite, no burns. I quickly put soap on the rag and began to wash the bowl. i was soon finished and had put them out to dry while i began to dry off my hands.

As i grunted i turned to my living quarters and took a deep breath, writing and reading does actually sound go to me at the moment. I walked into my room and actually took a look at it for the first time today. My dark oak desk was in the corner with my little purple book that the Lalonde's gave to me to read, it was called Complacency of The Learned, apparently one of them wrote it, Roxy it was I believe. But, they also gave me a few journals for a book i wanted to write. i sighed and sat down in the plush red swivel chair before grabbing my pen and opening the journal to a new page to write.

Today might not be so bad afterall..