61. Nine Months Of Hell

Start from the beginning

"Okay, okay. I will get it." I rose to sitting position and kissed her.

Hopping out of bed, I went to the closet to change and walked out in a shirt and pants.

"Evan," she called my name again. "Can you bring two cheeseburgers? With extra fries?"

"Whatever you wish." I smiled and made my way out of the house. After finding the whole city for cheeseburgers at 4am in the night, when I finally returned, I found her sleeping peacefully.

............

Day 104 of pregnancy

Like many other night, I woke up to the voice of silent sobs beside me. I narrowed my eyes into small slits and watched Scarlet eating a sandwich while tears fell down her soft cheeks non-stop.

"What happened?" I asked and yawned.

"I... I have gained 4 pounds in this last week." She said and ate another bite of the sandwich.

"Aw... It's okay. You are pregnant. Of course, you are going to gain some weight." I said. She still looked very cute and despite the small bump on her stomach, the rest of her still looked the same.

"So you mean I do look fat?" She asked, scrunching her nose.

"I... I didn't say that." I coughed to clear my throat.

"But you feel like I do." She said.

"Scarlet, you look absolutely stunning. And the pregnancy glow just make you look sexier. Believe me." I said honestly.

"I do?" She whispered.

"Yes, you do." I said and took the empty plate of sandwich out of her hand. "Come on now, sleep." I said and helped her lay down. Kissing her forehead, I placed my hand over her baby bump and closed my eyes.

..........

Day 153 of pregnancy

This night, it wasn't Scarlet who woke me up. Instead, it was the sound of door closing and opening that did the deed. I opened my eyes and found Scarlet coming out of the bathroom, her hand resting over her baby bump and a layer of sweat covering her forehead.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"This is my eighth trip to the bathroom. How can I be fine?" She breathed out loud and sat down on the chair beside the bathroom door. "I have placed it here so I can rush inside whenever I want to pee."

"I wish I could do something." I said, feeling bad for her.

"You can cover your penis the next time you make love to me." She grunted, rushing once again inside the bathroom. She appeared out of the bathroom two minutes later and sat down on the chair with a sigh. "I am really sorry Evan."

"It's okay. I understand." I said and walked over to her. I placed another chair beside her and sat down, pulling her hand into mine. "I am here for you."

"Thanks," She said and rested her head on my shoulder. "For bearing me."

"Any day." I smiled.

...........

Day 210 of pregnancy

I tossed and turned on the bed, feeling a little uneasy. I felt like someone was watching me every closely so I opened my eyes, catching Scarlet staring at me with her head raised on her elbow.

"Hey," I smiled, rubbing my eyes.

"Hi." She whispered, looking slightly lost in thoughts.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.