43. The Love Triangle

Scarlet

It was the day of Helena's party. Cara and I spent the day with Catheryn and she took us to mall to help me buy a dress. It was a black sleeveless dress that she suggested me to pair with a maroon leather jacket and a maroon pair of heels because according to her, layers are in fashion. I wasn't a big fan of such outfits but I trusted Catheryn's fashion sense.

Cara remained at her house while Evan picked me up on his way back to home. While he took a bath, I got ready for the party. I did some makeup to make myself look suitable for a club and then let my wavy hair down freely. The jacket helped tone down the little black dress and covered my arms. The only thing troubling me was the hem of the dress that reached the middle of my thighs and was riding up with every movement.

By the time I walked out of closet, Evan was standing there in front of mirror, spraying some cologne. He was dressed up in casual clothing tonight; a crisp maroon T-shirt which was coincidentally matching my jacket colour with black jeans.

His eyes momentarily landed on me and then he looked away. But few seconds later, his gaze landed back on me and he eyed me from head to toe.

"How do I look?" I asked nervously.

"Different," he replied, looking deep into my eyes.

"Good different?" I asked further.

"Maybe," he shrugged, a hint of smirk playing on his lips.

Together, we made our way to his car. Walking in heels was definitely a task but thankfully, it wasn't one of those killer heels that can be used to kill someone. The cold air outside brushed my bare legs and I shivered in the cold.

He started the car and soon, we were off towards our destination. In the sitting position, I felt more exposed and tugged the hem down. My action caught Evan's attention and he observed me quietly.

"Are you not comfortable in this dress?" He asked.

"Um... I... I feel like my legs are chubby and short." I replied and that earned me a chuckle from him. I frowned at his reaction and gave him a glare.

"Sorry," he said, hiding his mouth from me. His laugh just made me more self-conscious and I turned my face away from him. "Seriously Scarlet, you have perfect legs. You don't have to think otherwise."

"Okay, let's talk about anything other than my legs." I chuckled uncomfortably.

"Sure, madam." He smiled and I internally swooned at his sexy smile. He easily had the best set of teeth I have ever seen.

...........

It wasn't a usual dark and loud club that I had expected. In fact, everything about this place screamed money and perfection. When we entered through the huge door of the club, the sight of people dressed in their best welcomed me. Soft music was playing through the speakers and people were being served expensive liquors in expensively glasses.

"If I didn't have 15% shares in her club, I would have never joined this party." Evan looked disinterested as he pulled me to a quieter corner.

"It's okay. We can enjoy ourselves tonight." I said and looked around. Most of the women were dressed in black clothes like me.

"I can think of better ways of enjoying." He replied with a teasing smirk and I blushed under his gaze.

"For example?" I raised my eyebrows.

He took a step towards me and lowered his head to reach me. "Do you really want to know?" He whispered and his breath tickled the skin of my face.

"Whatever." I gulped and looked away.