Chapter 10: Still Missing Coffins & Jeremy Leaves

"You got back late."Elena said when Liah came into the kitchen the next morning, as she poured Liah and herself a cup of coffee before giving said cup to Liah, who took it gratefully.

"Yeah, turns out we don't have to worry about getting Rebekah."Elena raised an eyebrow at Liah."Turns out Emily made a deal with Nik, something about leaving Jeremy alone by giving Rebekah back to him."Liah explained."Also, the directions he gave to me, apparently he's building one of his flashy houses for all of us to live in, once he gets our Siblings back."She added.

"So where is Rebekah?"Elena asked, glancing around for the blonde Original.

"Nik Daggered her again and tried to Dagger me too but I told him it wasn't a good idea, seeing as I was the only one who knew were you lived and some other stuff."Liah explained before taking a sip of her coffee, only to moan in delight at the taste."What's in this?"Liah asked, raising an eyebrow at Elena."It's delicious."She added and Elena grinned.

"I added some blood to it."Liah raised an eyebrow at her."I saw Elijah do it once with his tea."

"Ah, yes, Elijah does love his tea and now I know why."Both girls giggled before Liah became serious."Well, speaking of Elijah, I'm gonna try and find him and my Brothers again soon."

"You're just gonna get another splitting headache again."Elena stated, frowning."Give it a rest for a bit."She added gently. 

"I can't."Liah denied."I just know that if I don't get them, something bad will happen sooner rather then later."Liah said, shaking her head."And I have a feeling someone will get hurt."The both grimaced."So, what did Emily want?"

"She had Damon compel Jeremy to leave Mystic Falls and go to Denver to live with some distant relatives on Grayson's and John's side of the Family, or something."Elena shrugged lightly and Liah looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"And you don't agree with what Emily and Damon did."

"Yes, no, kinda?"Elena shrugged."I get where Emily was coming from, but I don't think it's a good idea to use compulsion like that..."Elena trailed off, grimacing."I just sounded like a hypocrite."Elena groaned."I mean we used compulsion the other night."

"No, I used compulsion and for a good reason and a bad reason."Liah retorted."I compelled Damon's memories away of this place for your protection and I know that when Elijah comes back, he'll want his privacy."Liah stated knowingly."I also used compulsion to gain some blackmail against Emily if she didn't follow through with giving Rebekah back to us."The Witchpire crossed her arms."They wrongfully used compulsion on Jeremy to leave town, even though it was for his own safety, it should have been his choice. I mean, from what I gather, he's old enough to make his own decisions."Elena nodded in agreement, seeing where Liah was going with this but before she could say anything, Liah's phone went off and she checked it to see that it was a message from Klaus."I have to go, will you be alright on your own?"

"Of course I will be, Liah."Elena said, giving her a mocking offended look."I have to help Carol Lockwood set up for the Wickery Bridge Restoration Fundraiser tonight anyway."

"Interesting."Liah said sarcastically and Elena poked her tongue out at Liah's retreating back.

~~~~~

After helping Carol and a few others set up everything for the Fundraiser, Carol had taken Elena back to the Lockwood Estate, saying that she had something for the Immortal to wear when she learned that Elena wasn't going to come to the event, all because she had nothing to wear to something that was semi formal.

"Oh, Carol, I couldn't!"Elena exclaimed, looking at the dress, that was laid out on Carol's bed, in shock and awe.

It was a 1950's Vintage A-Line Blue Off Shoulder Neckline Dress, which had little ribbons on the sides of the arms and a tight fitting bodice with princess seams to perfectly adapt to the contours of the body, with said bodice ending right at the waist and giving way to a lovely, fluffy, big, a-line circle skirt.