Chapter 3: Dresses, Magic & Emily's Alive

"So let me get this straight, you knew three Originals?"Elena asked Stefan from her chair as a woman poured Klaus another drink of champagne. 

The trio were waiting for Rebekah and Liah to come out of the changing rooms that were in front of them. Rebekah had been trying on expensive outfits on for an hour and Liah seemed to be looking at the cheap, but not too cheap, outfits to try on.

"Yes."Stefan said dully."What are you doing here exactly."

"What do you think she's doing here, exactly?"Liah asked sarcastically as she stepped out of the changing room, wearing a white sleeveless, knee length dress with a slim black bow around her waist."She's here because she's Elijah's and Elijah is hers. They're bonded and she's also Elijah's intended Mate."

"Ok, before, they called you an Immortal Werewitch, half Werewolf, half Witch. What does that mean?"Stefan asked, eyes narrowed as Klaus glanced at her with hidden curiosity in his eyes.

"It means that I triggered the Werewolf Curse in me the other day, no thanks to Rebekah and you've known that I am a Witch ever since you and your down right terrible Brother came to Mystic Falls."Elena said tiredly.

"And the Immortal part?"Stefan asked when Elena didn't say anything else.

"When all but one Petrova dies, they gain all of the Ancestral Magic within every Petrova Witch that had ever lived, and somehow, that Petrova becomes Immortal until they have a child, or children."Elena explained and Stefan raised an eyebrow at her.

"The Immortality that she speaks of comes from the Eternal Flame which came from one of her Ancestors merging with a Fire Bird and that's how the Phoenixs were created."Liah pipped and Elena raised an eyebrow at her, wondering how she knew about that information."However, she's not a Phoenix, she only has the Immortality that Phoenixs have and a deep connection to Fire."

"How do you know that when Elijah didn't?"Elena questioned Liah suspiciously, who smiled like she had a secret.

"I am part Witch, Elena.... and I may or may not have fallen in love with one of your Ancestors centuries ago."Liah said and smirked at Stefan's and Elena's surprised looks."Anyway, once they have children, the Immortality disappears, until once again, there is only one Petrova alive."

"But what about Katherine? She's a Petrova."

"Yes, she is."Liah agreed."But she's no longer Human. The Eternal Flame only acknowledges the Human Petrova's. Once you die, even if it's just for a few minutes, and you're then brought back to life, the Flame no longer acknowledges you."Liah explained coolly.

Before Stefan could ask anything else, Rebekah called out to them."There has to be more to this dress."

"There's not."Klaus answered as Rebekah came out of the changing room, wearing a black dress that went down to her thighs.

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then."Rebekah spat, disgusted."You know, Liah and I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."Rebekah stated, looking annoyed.

Liah nodded, remembering when Rebekah forced her to wear trousers and walked around town. She wanted to rip everyone's heads off everytime they gave her and Rebekah dirty looks.

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing."Klaus said, smirking at them.

"And what is this music?"Rebekah questioned them, eyes narrowed."It sounds like a cable car accident."

"I agree."Liah stated, looking around with pursed lips.

"It's dance music."Stefan spoke up.

"People dance to this?"Rebekah questioned her former Lover.