Chapter 33 : Acceptance

Start from the beginning

His phone started buzzing

His phone started buzzing. He whipped it out and saw it was varun. His best friend. With whom he shared everything.

"Varun?"

"Jai? What's up buddy? Long time"

"Really long. How are you doing?"

"I'm great. But you don't sound good. Is everything okay bro?"he asked. Jai sighed and he explained everything to Varun. Who keenly listened.

"I don't know who is behind all this. I even don't know if one person is behind everything. But today morning I received another phone call. Threatening my family. And also Srishtis family"jai said.

"So srishti. The girl you had nothing to do with all these. Why would someone target her if they are against you?"Varun asked.

"Because of the media everyone believes that she's my godamn girlfriend. And the person who is threatening keeps saying that he's gonna snatch everyone I love"jai said.

"I get it now. No luck from the cops?"

"None"

"Do you want her safe?"

"I do. I don't want to cause any problem in her life because of me. When I left today. After meeting her. I..I don't know but..I was so scared thinking that something bad is gonna happen to her"jai said. And he was quite surprised by himself that he said that.

"Jai..if I say something will you consider it?"Varun asked.

"What's it?"jai asked.

"I think the best option here. Is to get married"

Jai scoffed.

"As if that would solve everything. You sound like my mom. I need logical solutions varun"

"No bro. I meant..you should get married to srishti"varun said.

Jai froze and recalled the conversation he had with sristis father. When jai told him everything.

"I don't want to sound selfish sir. But..I can't risk my daughters life. You have to promise me something. Whatever that has been happening in your life. Shouldn't bother my daughter. We're normal middle class people. If some day she will get married to another man. And because of this she will face any humiliations. I won't be able to tolerate. If you were a normal man. I would have given you my daughters hand just like your mother asked. A marriage would fix this problem. Sristi will be with you. I will be no more worried about her safety. But I can't go against my daughters wish. It's her life. And she gets to take her decisions. So it's better you stay away from my daughter"