Chapter 33 : Acceptance

Start from the beginning

I'll be there for you.

"I gotta go. There's something I wanna do. So...I'll see you. Take care srishti. Bye"he said. Her heart felt heavy everytime he left.

"Bye sir"she said. He aimed for a friendly handshake. She looked at him. And then slowly slid her cold hand into his. To her shock. He gripped it and held both her palm inside his. Giving it a gentle squeeze. Like an apology. Or assuring. Her heart was vigourously knocking out of her chest.

He gave her a breathtaking smile without saying anything and walked away. Leaving her frozen for few seconds. When she walked outside. She saw jai bidding bye to her father. Ganesh and one of his guard was there along with him. Ganesh smiled and bowed at srishti who politely smiled back.

"Bye sir. Take care"jai said to preyansh. Who nodded with a smile.

Jai looked at sristi and nodded. Giving her a smile. She smiled back and watched him walking outside the room. She wondered what conversation he had with her father. But before she could fix her thoughts. Radhika and bhoomi walked inside the room.

"Preyansh..oh my god are you awake?"radhika rushed towards him and held his hand.

"Radhi I'm fine"he said.

He got an earful from his wife. For driving carelessly. Srishti smiled looking at her parents. Bhoomi walked to her and nudged her with shoulder.

"The guy who just left. Was that..."

"Jai"srishti finished. And nodded. "You knew he was coming right?"

"Akka. You needed some time alone. I thought of telling you but Amma was with me the whole time. I'm sorry"she said. Srishti sighed.

"It doesn't matter bhoomi. He's gone. He's out from my life again. I don't even know if I'm ever gonna meet him"sristi said. Making bhoomi nod. Even though deep inside she knew. Jai was gonna meet her again.

This isn't the end. It was only a mere beginning.
.
.
Jai was sitting in his car. Staring outside the window. His mind was blank. And so was his insides. He never felt this helpless. He was drowning in guilt. Thinking how badly srishti. And her family is getting affected because of him.

"What do we do sir?"Ganesh asked. Making him come to his sense.

"I don't know Ganesh. How long do we keep ignoring this? Things are getting serious. What's the guarantee that. Srishtis father's accident was not a planned one. He told me it wasn't his fault. Someone had been watching them. Tomorrow if something happens to srishti. Or her family. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. I need to know who is playing with my life. It's not just a common person. This guy has been watching every move of mine. And the downfall of our buisness? Something like that never happened"jai said. Truly scared from insde.

"Sir the cops said they're trying to track down the person"ganesh said. Trying to calm him down.

"But there are no leads ganesh. How many more months do I need to wait to know that my family and the people who i care about. Are safe?"

"I understand sir. Is there anything I can do?"

"Nothing. I need guards for my family. And also for Srishtis family. I cant take risk on anything"jai said.