Chapter Two

Kachow what's poppin it's ya boi back at it again with the reader inserts. Raven's POV rn(well technically it's third person limited but wattya gonna do). Chill tho you're gonna be in 2nd person again soon enough.

Tai you insufferable fool. Raven thought to herself as she looked at the unconscious boy in her arms. Her son. Taiyang Xiao-Long had let her son fall off that cliff. She had made the mistake of trusting Summer and Tai with her child and he had almost died. No more. He was her blood, and he was going to be raised by her. She led her people. She refused to take part in Ozpin's war. And she sure as hell wasn't going to let her blood fall to the old man's whims like Qrow had. Raven swung her long red blade with her left hand as she cradled her son with her right, leaning the boy against the inside of her arm so as not to poke him with her vambrace. A portal opened after a second, red and black in color. Raven looked down at the unconscious boy in her arms. If she took him, there was no going back. Being raised by the tribe was a one-way street. It would end with him joining them, or dying. But when she died he would lead, because he was a Branwen. Now, and forever. Raven sucked cold air in through her teeth, and stepped through the portal.

It was warm. That was the first thing you noticed. Soon after you noticed the unmistakable feeling of a blanket draped over your body. You were warm, dry, and safe. For a moment you thought you were going to fall asleep again, but Yang would no doubt need to be woken up, and telling someone about your nightmare would no doubt help with the lingering fear you still felt. It took awhile, but once you realized that sleep would not come easy regardless of your decision you decided to get up.

"get up sis, we got a full da-" you stopped as you opened your eyes. You weren't at your house. Hell, you weren't in a house at all. A tent, large and with a single cot that you lay on was your current residence. A floor table sat in the center of the room. On it was a tea set, with two filled cups of something green. But the most shocking thing was the woman beside it. Her face was obscured by a mask that was reminiscent of a nevermore. A multi-chambered sheath with a sword lay across one knee, and she was donned in red armor and a red/black gi.

"You're awake," the woman spoke first as she rose to her feet and began to walk towards you.

"Don't. Come. Any. Closer." You responded, sure to put an edge of finality behind each word. The woman froze before settling back down on the floor by her table and picking up a teacup. "Where am I?" You asked as the woman lifted her mask to drink her tea, before letting it fall back down, sending her hair sprawled out over her shoulders.

"Southern Anima, far from any of the four kingdoms," your strange host responded, before sliding you one of the cups across the floor. You took the drink graciously. Gods, you were thirsty.

"Who are you, and why did you bring me here?" You asked as you blew on the hot drink in your hands.

"I saved your life after you took that fall, which you are most welcome for, after which I decided to bring you to my camp to rest up." You could already feel the red in your eyes rising. This woman had kidnapped you, taken you to another continent, and then had the audacity to imply that you should be thanking her?

"I should have been returned to my family, not whisked away to some stranger's camp!" A small chuckle escaped from behind the mask.

"Oh, but you are with family, my little (Y/N)," the woman removed her mask and turned to face you. Red eyes, black hair and pale skin. She looked exactly like the woman in your mom's photograph. Like Raven Branwen.