"Now!" Daryl said and the five started shooting at them. The men got out and started firing back at them.

One.

Aiden shot of the men.

Two.

She shot another.

She heard pistol shots from behind the car and the others drop dead.

Dwight.

The group kept firing at them all. Aiden finally stopped and heaved. Aiden wanted to be back at Alexandria, to be with Elliot, Judy, and Carl.

The group stopped firing and heard Dwight hell, "it's over!"

The group all made their way towards him. "I made sure you guys could get out the back. I drove the convoy right up to the roadblock. I knew what it was." Dwight said, "I can't go back. One of 'em got away. She's gonna tell them."

"How'd they get out? Was it what I did?" Daryl quizzed the man.

Dwight looked away, "Eugene." He answered. Of course it was fucking Eugene. "I can still help you. I know how they work, how Negan thinks. I want you to win. I want Negan to die. And we can settle up after."

Daryl snatched his vest off of the man. "We need to get back. Now-" Michonne said as she approached them. Aiden followed after them.

The group returned to Alexandria and climbed into the sewer. Aiden looked at her home.

Her home.

It was gone.

It was gone.

Daryl helped her down, she was followed by Rosita, Tara, and Dwight.

"Michonne's still out there." Rosita approached them.

Aiden practically ran towards the others. She saw Daryl already had Judith and Xavier held Elliot. Payton and Nathaniel sat side-by-side with Macy sitting across from them.

She looked at the man she'd never seen before before looking to the side. Her heart plummeted to her stomach when she saw Carl.

"Carl?" She said with a tiny voice. The boy was pale, extremely pale. Sweat gleamed on his fragile body. His hair was shaggy and he had bags under his eye.

"Hey, Aid." He rasped.

She made her way over to him and fell to her knees beside him.

"I brought him here." He said. She looked and saw Michonne and Rick behind her. The two made their way over as well. "That's how it happened." Aiden watched as Carl pulled his shirt up and removed a bandage to reveal a walker bite.

Aiden simply stared at the spot. Michonne collapsed beside Aiden. Aiden couldn't breathe. Her entire world felt like it was ending. She was losing Carl.

Her Carl.

Her nephew. The boy she helped raise. The boy she taught to curse. The boy she made brownies with in her kitchen only to make a mess. The boy she played football with in the Grimes' front yard. The boy who spent countless nights are her house watching horror movies. The boy she watched grow into a strong, amazing young man