Chapter #16: A dream is a wish your heart makes

Start from the beginning

Then, why had he chosen Inés's face as Mina's?

He lowered his hands, intertwined them on top of his chest as he laid for several more minutes in the dark embrace of his coffin. He felt oddly vulnerable and dare he say, human? It had been a very long time since he had felt like his old human self again, since he had cried, and he felt disgusted with himself; all those feelings were just a weakness and useless. Staring at nothing in particular, Alucard contemplated if it was worth it to even wake up today. The light voice of The Girl, muted by the thick wood of his kingdom, quickly interrupted that way of thinking. He finally got out, setting the lid gingerly at his side and stood up, absentmindly noting his longer hair but thinking nothing of it. It tended to change appearance with his moods.

----------

This motel room was... definitely smaller, darker and more empty-looking, with just one small bed and a little table which barely reached her hip. The springs of the bed screeched when Inés fell on it like a rag doll, exhausted and done with everything. She closed her eyes and tuned out the well-known conversation the two other occupants were having. They had decided to rent a different room on the other side of the city after the fight with Alhambra to seem 'less shady' as Pip had said. So they ended up in a semi run-down motel with a two bedroom, one small living-room arrangement. All three rooms were connected in case there was an emergency. Pip and Seras had decided to stay a bit in the same room as her to keep her company. It seemed they thought the Spaniard was traumatized from the experience when she was only angry and frustrated at the bloody vampire. Speaking of The Jerk, he had gone directly to sleep after his monologue about coffins.

As if he could be tired after draining that vampire dry. The cheeky bitch, Inés thought while taking on her surroundings and the next course of action to happen. 'Why did you bring that, this is my coffin, blah, blah, Pip gets nervous, Seras squeaks and the door is broken by Anderson who will give us a jet to take us back to London. Yes, yes, it happened, pam and...' She violently sat up, snapping her eyes open and focusing on the door; the very intact door. "Where is the priest?" She stood up, vaguely noticing a black head of curls coming out of the newly opened box.

Both vampire and mercenary gave her weird looks but it was only a certain pair of red orbs that narrowed suspiciously. She slowly approached the exit, but before her fingers touched the knob, a larger hand gripped her wrist. Cold breath tickled her nape and a curtain of hair fell on her from above. She got to hear a quick gasp from the other inhabitants of the room before a chill run down her spine. Inés licked her lips and craned her neck to meet the questioning face of Alucard. Only it wasn't Alucard...Well, he was, but he wasn't. He had longer hair, a feat that was not so strange in the vampire, if it wasn't for the fact that said hair came with a slightly more filled face...and a beard. Holy shit, she was staring at Fucking Dracula.

At his expecting stare, she swallowed the lump in her throat and made a shy motion for him to get close. He hesitated but conceded and leaned forward until he reached her eye level. This was the second time the Midian had gotten this far into her personal space and once again she could see every detail on his pale skin as well as his very sharp teeth. She shivered, feeling uncomfortable as well as nervous.

"Em... so... Anderson was supposed to make his big appearance now, breaking the door. You two would have fought for a bit but, ultimately, he would have given you a paper stating that there was a private jet sent by the Vatican." The Spanish girl whispered so only the man in front of her could hear while she was busy twiddling her thumbs and awkwardly smiling when she finally lifted her head. Alucard carefully regarded the little human with an unblinking emotionless expression.

"So we steal a plane." He straightened himself and moved her aside as he opened the door and marched outside, leaving three dumbfounded people behind. The youngest was the first to recover and didn't wait for the others to follow him.