Chapter ten

(Y/N) POV

It has been a while now since my father was killed and I have tried to adjust to being the disgraced son of a traitor along with Sansa who has been treated worse than me because of Joffrey. I have been left alone mostly except for Myrcella who would try to talk to me each day but all she would get is a nod or a " hmm" as a response.  Today I get up and I put on my clothes and just as I finish the sound of knocking can be heard from my door, I ignore it but the knocking continues "go away Myrcella!" I shout through the door only for it to be kicked open by Meryn Trant, he walks up to me and stares at me with rage "hello Ser Meryn" I say "how's your thumb?" I ask with a smug grin as I remember when I bit his thumb to escape him when father was captured.  However I'm slapped out of the memory as I find myself on the floor with ringing in my ear "how's your eye?" he asks as he tries to return my own smug comment, I get up and I wipe the dirt off my legs "can hardly feel it" I say before being grabbed by my hair and thrown out the door "come on you little brat King Joffrey has something to show you and your sister" he says as he forces me to walk. 

After being pushed an unnecessary amount of times I finally see Sansa standing next to Joffrey and the hound she turns her head and spots me and a mix of sadness and relief shows on her face "(Y/N) are you okay?" she asks as I stand in front of her "define ok" I reply as I avoid looking at her face to face so that she doesn't see the bruises "quiet! I'm sure by now that your brother has openly defied me and is therefore a traitor" Joffrey says "I want to show you both what happens to traitors" he says as a smile appears on his face, that I'd love to hit, before turning around and leading us towards what he plans to show us.  After following behind him for some time Joffrey leads us outside and along the battlements of the red keep he then steps out onto a wooden bridge and points up Sansa and I both look up but before I can see what it is Sansa cries out "no!" and covers my eyes "that one is your father" he says as he points up, "and your septa", "you promised you'd be merciful" Sansa says "I was...look at them!" he yells to us and slowly I step out from behind Sansa and I look to see the decapitated heads of my father and his men, their eyes were wide open and so were their mouths which showed the large iron spikes that went through their skulls to mount them along the walls "and after I've won the war and killed your traitor brother I'm going to give you his head as well!" he yells at us both although it sounds like he's trying to tell it to himself "or maybe he'll bring us yours" Sansa replies hesitantly Joffrey backs up slightly almost as if her words actually hurt him "my mother says I shouldn't hit a lady...Ser Meryn" he calls out "and here we go" I say under my breath just as he grabs Sansa and smacks her across the face and then again with the back of his hand which leaves her with a burst lip before he turns to me "oh come on I didn't say anything!" I yell before having the wind knocked out of me as he viciously punches me in the chest.  I drop to my knees and I clutch at my chest to try and stop the pain whilst the hound cleans the blood off my Sansa's face.

Later that night miles from Kings Landing  3rd person POV

A group of men from the North led by Robb Stark sit by a table in the ruins of an old stronghold "the proper course is clear pledge fealty to King Renly and move south to join our forces with his!" one of the northern lords says loudly to the others "Renly is not the king!" Robb replies "you cannot mean to hold to Joffrey my lord he put your father to death" the lord says "that doesn't make Renly king, he's Robert's youngest brother, if Bran can't be Lord of Winterfell before me Renly can't be king before Stannis" Robb says to the lord "do you mean to declare us for Stannis?" the old impatient lord asks "Renly is not right!" a lord calls out from the crowd "my lords! here is what I say to these two kings!" Greatjon Umber yells out before spitting on the ground "Renly Baratheon is nothing to me, nor is Stannis, why should they rule over me and mine from some flowery seat in the south, what do they know of the wall? or of the wolfswood?...and their gods are wrong!" he shouts earning a laugh from the others "why shouldn't we rule ourselves? it was the dragons we bowed to and now the dragons are dead!" he says before drawing his sword and pointing it towards Robb "there sits the only king I mean to bend my knee to, the King in the North!" the Umber yells as he plants his sword into the ground and kneels.  Robb slowly rises to his feet "I'll have peace on those terms!" a lord says as he walks out from the crowd "they can keep their red castle and their iron chair! the King in the North" he says as he kneels.  The next person to stand is Theon Greyjoy "am I your brother now and always?" he asks Robb "now and always" he answers Theon then draws his sword "my sword is yours in victory and defeat from this day until my last day" he says "the King in the North!" the three call out slowly followed by the rest of the lords "THE KING IN THE NORTH!, THE KING IN THE NORTH, THE KING IN THE NORTH!"