Seven

The AP Biology room was surprisingly unlocked when Cassie and Rosalie reached it, which meant that the two were meant to find refuge in it, a refuge that was intruded on by Emmett moments after the two sat down.

In what Cassie could only describe as in the blink of an eye, Emmett was sitting next to Rosalie, an arm around her waist and a look of pure happiness had etched on his face, while Rosalie was trying hard not to smile in content.

"You look cute together." Cassie complimented, stating that she didn't care if they were, adoptive, siblings or lovers. And as she reached for the backup sandwhich, the couple shared a look, one of mainly confusion.

"Aren't you weirded out?" Emmett found himself asking for both him and Rosalie, Cassie sat back up and looked at the two with her own frown.

"Why would I? It's not my place to judge, and if it were, I have no say in who you can love or not." Cassie replied, her tone indicating that she'd had a conversation similar to it previously. Indeed she had, when her mother introduced Phil to the twins, and asked them if they would mind that she would date someone slightly younger than her.

"Most people insult us, call us crazy, accuse of a milllion things." Emmett continued, trying to understand the brunette, whom his wife had grown attatched to.

Cassie chuckled as she rolled her eyes, her slender and pale fingers working with ease to unwrap the sandwhich form the plastic protection it was in. "People can say a thousan things, a million even but as long as you truly care for another person, it doesn't matter. I mean look at the elections for Presidents, the canditates are insulted, trashtalked, dirt is brought up, and do you see all of them quitting the race for the positions?" Cassie said in an amused tone.

The couple couldn't deny the amusing truth from Cassie's perseptective, it was a refreshing one in the sea of identical opinions. Emmett smiled brightly and nodded eagerly, while Rosalie merely stared at Cassie, as if she was remembering something long forgotten.

"May I ask you something personal?" Rosalie questioned, her tone soft, as if she was talking to an injured animal. Cassie hummed slightly in reply as she chew the bite of the sandwhich she'd taken. "After we left the cafeteria, in the hall, I touched your shoulder and noticed you don't have much body heat." 

Rosalie's statement also served as a non-verbal questioned, the way she was looking at Cassie, so soft, so caring. It was a look that Emmett had not seen on his wife's face unless the two of them were alone.

Cassie's reply wasn't instant, as she continued to chew, she moved Mr. Bubbles into frame, allowing the couple to look at it for a moment before returning their golden eyes to her. And as soon as she swallowed, Cassie replied "I've got a condition, and a side-effect of that condition, my lungs don't function like they should, which meant that it's putting a strain on other organs, which in turns slows everything down to the point my body temperature drops drastically."